[SOLVED] PC restarts automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2020
My pc restarts automatically at random times , every time after it restarted I check the event viewer and I see this ( Volume C: (\Device\HarddiskVolume2) needs to be taken offline to perform a Full Chkdsk. Please run "CHKDSK /F" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:>" locally or remotely via PowerShell. )

I tried doing what it says and following this post but to no avail , and in security maintenance it says (Restart to repair driver error C: ) , but everytime I restart it doesn't repair anything and just boot into windows , this problem occurs after I accidently remove the sata cable forcefully without clicking the hinges and some plastic fall off , could that cause it ?

I still can play games and use windows without a problem and I use Hard Disk Sentinels to scan and it says no problem was found . If the problem couldn't be fix I would like to know if it is 100% the ssd fault and not any other hardware . SSD is Kingston A400 240GB . Appreciated any help given .

jadenwoolworth

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017
Your description of removing the sata cable without pressing the release button sounds like the perfect storm to cause some kind of drive failure. You may need to replace the drive. If your computer stays on long enough, you can replace the drive with a samsung SSD and they have custom software that can clone your kingston drive onto the samsung ssd. then you can remove the kingston, boot from the samsung, and it will be as if you never had the issue.

Sep 18, 2020
Your description of removing the sata cable without pressing the release button sounds like the perfect storm to cause some kind of drive failure. You may need to replace the drive. If your computer stays on long enough, you can replace the drive with a samsung SSD and they have custom software that can clone your kingston drive onto the samsung ssd. then you can remove the kingston, boot from the samsung, and it will be as if you never had the issue.
Turns out that didn't cause the problem, one day randomly I just went into security and maintenance and click restart to fix and it went through and fixed the drive. And after that problem was solve the freezing issue came and I fix it by replacing my faulty surge protector and my faulty PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.