Question PC restarts for no reason

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I have had this PC for about 2 months now and for some reason the last two weeks, at around the same time my PC just restarts itself for no apparent reason. It doesnt turn off any components on my PC as everything stays on, my monitor just turns black and it restarts. It first happened last Tuesday afternoon at 2:21 est and didn't happen again all week. It just happened again this Tuesday at 4:21 est, both times pretty much two hours after my system has been on. Once again it hasn't happened again so I'm wondering why this seems to be occurring on a weekly basis around the same time.

I have windows update set to not upgrade or restart unless I choose to do so, so it cant be that. My temps are fine when gaming I always monitor that so I dont think its anything overheating. I cant think of any other reason this could be happening. It all started the day I started using Steam again because of destiny 2 moving to that platform but I dont see why that would change anything.

In event viewer on windows it says it's a Critcal error, kernel power error where pc shuts doesnt shut down cleanly or something to that matter. If that helps