Question PC restarts, is the cooler OK or is it something else ?

Rayan643

Prominent
Mar 10, 2023
Deepcool AG200 Single Tower with Ryzen7 8700G - Is this cooler OK? Few days ago, PC was taking direct restart without any blue screen at work. What will be the solution if taking AIO?
Is this happening due to processor overheat or any other reason? (didn't check heat in a separate app, saw 57-62°C max in task manager)

AutoDesk 3ds Max 2022 + V-Ray 5 work in build with good pressure (heavy file work + render), built for a few months ago. In the beginning a few times the blue screen came up while running and restarted, reinstalling windows solved that problem.

Build:
PSU: 550W (Gigabyte GP-P550B)
Case: ATX Mid Tower (Deepcool MATREXX 70)
No dedicated GPU and extra fans are using.
Mobo: Gigabyte B650M S2H
SSD: Samsung PM9A1 512GB
RAM: 16+16gb (G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 16GB DDR5 6000MHz)

Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
That unit is what is questionable, even though your build doesn't have a discrete GPU.

What sort of temps do you see on your APU? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment? One thing that does come to mind is that you're on your APU, that means the ram is being used for your graphical work...aim a fan at your rams and see if that helps keep your system stay up for longer.

Reactions: Rayan643
Deepcool AG200 Single Tower with Ryzen7 8700G - Is this cooler OK? Few days ago, PC was taking direct restart without any blue screen at work. What will be the solution if taking AIO?
Is this happening due to processor overheat or any other reason? (didn't check heat in a separate app, saw 57-62°C max in task manager)

AutoDesk 3ds Max 2022 + V-Ray 5 work in build with good pressure (heavy file work + render), built for a few months ago. In the beginning a few times the blue screen came up while running and restarted, reinstalling windows solved that problem.

Build:
Case: ATX Mid Tower (Deepcool MATREXX 70)
No dedicated GPU and extra fans are using.
Mobo: Gigabyte B650M S2H
Ssd: Samsung PM9A1 512GB
Ram: 16+16gb (G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 16GB DDR5 6000MHz)

Thanks in advance.

would advise changing the psu gigabyte psu are known for there very explosive personality

(Gigabyte GP-P550B

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JmPUr-BeEM

the gp line during the pandemic they where skimping on components or swapping them out for lesser quality

update your bios to latest bios as well if you never did that when you installed it then it may not have the correct micro code to work with that cpu properly.

Rayan643

Prominent
Mar 10, 2023
That unit is what is questionable, even though your build doesn't have a discrete GPU.

What sort of temps do you see on your APU? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment? One thing that does come to mind is that you're on your APU, that means the ram is being used for your graphical work...aim a fan at your rams and see if that helps keep your system stay up for longer.
@Lutfij thanks for replying. But how I can check the PSU power?
It's not possible to cool down the rams with extra arrangement inside my casing. What can I do?
Aready the casing has 3 120mm intake fan and 1 120mm out fan. Isn't it enough? How far ram heat goes up?

BIOS version is base version, FA1.

What are the aspects of you thinking that the PSU is questionable? Is it not delivering enough watt? Or not consistently?

Rayan643

Prominent
Mar 10, 2023
would advise changing the psu gigabyte psu are known for there very explosive personality

(Gigabyte GP-P550B

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JmPUr-BeEM

the gp line during the pandemic they where skimping on components or swapping them out for lesser quality

update your bios to latest bios as well if you never did that when you installed it then it may not have the correct micro code to work with that cpu properly.
Thanks for replying.
Ok I'll update the bios.
One thing to note, XMP profile is on and 6gb of memory is allocated manually to for the gpu work from the APU. Should I keep it auto?

@Lutfij and @beyondlogic

Rayan643

Prominent
Mar 10, 2023
Nope also was the ram bought as a kit ? Or is it 2 ram sticks bought separately
Same bus speed, same brand, same latency, same capacity 2 stick ram. Maybe it is packed in one strip.

How to understand the PSU ? I think 56-62 degree is quite normal. even in my asus laptop goes upto 71 degree but it didn't shut down.
so the problem goes to PSU is sure?

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Same bus speed, same brand, same latency, same capacity 2 stick ram. Maybe it is packed in one strip.

How to understand the PSU ? I think 56-62 degree is quite normal. even in my asus laptop goes upto 71 degree but it didn't shut down.
so the problem goes to PSU is sure?
The only way to know if PSU is the cause is to temporarily, or permanently, replace with a known good one.