[SOLVED] PC restarts on playing games at 1920 x 1080 display resolution ?

azvi

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Hello Friends.

I am having a problem with my pc which is restarting on playing pc games at 1920x1080 . Recently , a few days ago I updated my graphics card to RTX 3070Ti Amp Extreme Holo. I am noticing that whenever I am playing any games at 1280, its running fine with ultra settings & RTX on, but as soon as I change the resolution to 1920, it restarts. Even when I ran the Furmark test, as soon as I press the check button, it restarts at any resolution. i am very much confused with this behavior of my pc & can't figure out which is wrong.
Please help as I can replace any parts which could be faulty, as i had just updated my pc. its not even 3 days from now.
Thanks & Regards
Azvi.

PC Specs:
CPU: Core i9 - 12900k
MOBO: Gigabyte: Aorus Z690 Gaming X
RAM: GSkill Trident (16x2) DDR4 -Dual Channel memory 3200Mhz
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 750W
GPU: Zotac RTX 3070Ti Amp Extreme Holo
Monitor: LG Ultragear 27 Inch 27GP850-B (144hz)
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh ARGB.

Solution
CPU pulls 241w max and GPU pulls 310w max, so thats 551w or 46amps. It could, only could perhaps be stressing the PSU if its got some weak components.
If you can borrow a PSU to try it, that might either eliminate or confirm it.
Also, how are your temps under max load, and how are you cooling the i9-12900k as it get VERY hot and I would expect need some powerful cooling for it ?

azvi

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Sounds like it maybe a power supply issue. Is it a new PSU and what is the 12v AMPS rating ?
I just tested it with other benchmark software like Blender, Cine Benchmark, all is working fine even the Heaven Benchmark runs absolutely fine at ultra settings. But One exception I notices that when ever I am running the Heaven benchmark at Extreme preset ... it restarts again. I am now very much confused which is making the Fault.

As per your answer The PSU rating of 12V - 62A.

Please help.

Regards
Azvi

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/mwe-series/mwe-gold-750-full-modular/

Last edited:
CPU pulls 241w max and GPU pulls 310w max, so thats 551w or 46amps. It could, only could perhaps be stressing the PSU if its got some weak components.
If you can borrow a PSU to try it, that might either eliminate or confirm it.
Also, how are your temps under max load, and how are you cooling the i9-12900k as it get VERY hot and I would expect need some powerful cooling for it ?

Solution