PC restarts suddenly

Trudie_11

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017
My PC configuration is:
i7 4790k 4.0 Ghz
Nvidia Gtx 760 2Gb Vram Gygabyte
Motherboard Asus B85 Plus
Corsair Vengeance Pro series 16 Gb Ram ddr3 1600 Mhz (XMp)
HDD barracuda 1 Tb
HyperX SSD 256 gb
Corsair cpu cooler H80i v2
Corsair PSU 850 RMx (2018)
monitor asus 1080p 24 inch
Windows 8.1 Pro

In some games (in some more, in some less) it restarts by itself: something like a reboot (dark display), after some hours or 20 mins or 3 mins etc any time. Rarely it restarts in idle, not while gaming, but mostly like this. I upgraded the Cpu cooler, the Ram, the Psu but the problem insists. I have it since 2014, i am angry that after all the upgrades yeah it still persists.

I dont think it is about the cpu because i hold it 5 hours rendering videos while having it in 100% load, neither the gpu because i took it through some video card strees softwares and all was good.

I did all that i knew but i hope it may be one more solution. i really need only one that will be good enough.

I have all windows and video card drivers updated.

Solution
Think about what you were doing at the time of the crashes.

I.e., what app or game was open?

Keep watching the error codes and google them accordingly.

Eventually you should find some pattern or consistency that can then be addressed.

Do look out for websites offering to fix error codes. Most of the those sites will show up no matter what error code(s) are involved.

Key is narrow down the circumstances and identify a specific reason for the crashes. And do remember that the crashes could be a result of a "perfect storm". Any given event okay but a combination of events results in the crash.

Trudie_11

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017
I had a look and I saw that I have some critical errors in the same time with the reboots, they say: “The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.” and they are called Event 41, Kernel-Power, task category (63)

And I have also some errors after the reboot: ”Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4” (Event 29, Kernel-Boot) or “Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188” (Event 3, Kernel-EventTracing)

I have a number of 600 Critical events and this is really sad

Trudie_11

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017
And also warnings appears (not on display, but in event viewer) like the following: “The maximum file size for session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\Windows\system32\WDI\LogFiles\BootCKCL.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 104857600 bytes.”

Ralston18

Titan
Think about what you were doing at the time of the crashes.

I.e., what app or game was open?

Keep watching the error codes and google them accordingly.

Eventually you should find some pattern or consistency that can then be addressed.

Do look out for websites offering to fix error codes. Most of the those sites will show up no matter what error code(s) are involved.

Key is narrow down the circumstances and identify a specific reason for the crashes. And do remember that the crashes could be a result of a "perfect storm". Any given event okay but a combination of events results in the crash.

Solution