Aug 24, 2015
My System:
FX8350 Stock Clocks with a Hyper 412S
GTX970 Strix No OC
16GB 4x4 HyperX Savage
990FX Fatality Motherboard
Inter Tech Argus 620W PSU
1TB WD Blue

This never occurred until today. So i got The Crew 2 today and i after i downlloaded it i instantly jumped into it and ran it on max settings no problem through the Prolouge then when i got to the Car dealer my whole PC rebooted without no signs of causing it, Then i decided its something random didnt think about it much then i rebooted the game. This time i managed to get a car and it rebooted again. The third time i decided to go in with MSI Afterburner and watch the temps, CPU Was sitting at 45*C and the GPU was at 65-68*C which instantly gave me hope since i knew it wasnt the parts's fault. Then i opened Furmark and started a Ultra test it ran fine for about 2 minutes then at the point of 70*c on the GPU it rebooted again. And when i got my 970 i stress tested it. it reached 74*c with no sweat but that was 4 months ago and now i guess its either the card dying or the PSU. I Tried moving the RAM to different slots but still happens. Im really pointing towards a PSU issue, since its a really off brand (i dont have another one to test) i dont know but it lasted me for about 1.5 years maybe the time has come for it. Would you recommend this PSU for my system ? http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/enthusiast-v-series/v650/

Solution
Run memtest86 overnight (the free version is very good software and is basically its own operating system you can boot from USB stick or CD/DVD):
https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

I would expect the issue is either the PSU or RAM. When a system gets unstable power it will just reboot to protect the hardware (switching power supplies are efficient, but are not stable under all load conditions). Another instant reboot is from a "triple machine exception". This is basically an error the CPU cannot recover from and still guarantee no hard to the system, so it just instantly reboots (and often RAM does this).
Run memtest86 overnight (the free version is very good software and is basically its own operating system you can boot from USB stick or CD/DVD):
https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

I would expect the issue is either the PSU or RAM. When a system gets unstable power it will just reboot to protect the hardware (switching power supplies are efficient, but are not stable under all load conditions). Another instant reboot is from a "triple machine exception". This is basically an error the CPU cannot recover from and still guarantee no hard to the system, so it just instantly reboots (and often RAM does this).

Solution

Fros78

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
I Ran it for about 100 passes and no errors so i guess its a PSU failure.

100 passes is probably a good indication, but 12 to 24 hours solid is a lot better (don't know how many passes that is). If RAM is at fault it tends to be something which doesn't always happen. On the other hand, it does tend to imply power supply is much more likely.