[SOLVED] Pc restarts while playing games

VolimGrafickeKarte

Commendable
Mar 7, 2021
Hello everyone,
In the past months my pc is restarting while i play games (Rocket League,GTA V, Need for speed heat), I was thinking it was cpu that's overheating but when i opened msi afterburner peak temperature was 75, and my gpu temperature was peak 70. What I noticed is that a lot of time restarts happens when i click ctrl esc to exit game (i don't know if that is important) and also when my pc restarts and i am wearing my headphones its always that anoying sound. Also i tested my pc with heaven benchmark and there also my pc restarted first time 20min in and secound time it was going for like 1h 30min and i wanted to see temps with afterburner so as soon as i clicked ctrl ecs to leave pc restarted.Aslo recently I feel the smell of burning, and that's what makes me worried the most. If anyone can help it would be awesome, and also sorry for my bad english.
My specs:
Cpu:Ryzen 5 3600(stock cooler)
Gpu:RX 580(4gb)
Psu:600w Zeus 80 plus bronze
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4
Ram: Patriot DDR4 16GB 2X8GB 3200MHZ
Storage: WD 256gb M.2 SATA and 1TB hard disk:):)

Solution
hi VolimGrafickeKart.

A system restarting or shutting down by itself is normally a PSU, overheating or GPU issue.

Since your temperatures isn't bad I'd say your low quality PSU decided to give you issues. It is a very low quality junk PSU.

Something burned. I hope it's inside the PSU and not on your board / GPU.
hi VolimGrafickeKart.

A system restarting or shutting down by itself is normally a PSU, overheating or GPU issue.

Since your temperatures isn't bad I'd say your low quality PSU decided to give you issues. It is a very low quality junk PSU.

Something burned. I hope it's inside the PSU and not on your board / GPU.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolimGrafickeKarte
Solution

VolimGrafickeKarte

Commendable
Mar 7, 2021
Wow, just looked up that PSU and what a hunk of junk. That thing is no where near to actually being a 600w PSU, it's a 300w unit at best(2 14a 12v rails) and it is not an 80 plus PSU, they likely couldn't get a legit 80 plus rating so they had to use yee old fake 85 plus badge.

Replace that PSU before it kills something, if it hasn't already.
Do you have some suggestions for new power supply, i just seen evga 600br on sale, do you think it's good?

DSzymborski

Titan
Do you have some suggestions for new power supply, i just seen evga 600br on sale, do you think it's good?

Not for a build with a GPU that requires supplementary power.

It depends where you are, but the Corsair CX series (at least the modern one with wattages that end in 50) are typically the least expensive PSUs worth buying for this purpose.