Question Pc restarts without blue screen or warning after installing new gpu

Jan 2, 2022
I have recently installed new gpu to my system.
Specs:
Cpu: i3 10100f
MB: msi h410m A-pro
Gpu: gigabyte 1050 ti (1455 cores, this one does not required any external power)
Ram: adata gammix d30 8gb
Psu: Coller master 550w bronze
Ssd 240gb and hdd
Except for gpu everything under warranty

After installing gpu, my pc under under load restarts without warning.
Direct off then auto boots in next 2 secs.
My temperatures are normal and even there is no fps or performance issues with gpu. I haven't tried it in different pc as i don't have one.
If playing games or disk search or under load this happens.I have stress test gpu with unigine and it works good with good fps but after few minutes or sometimes direct pc restarts.

My psu is 550w and pc requires ~300-350w and gpu max takes 75w as of manufacture site.

I was also having some issue with my MB some time back.
It says " Over current detected at usb ports " And would not boot or starts, but it started working after kept without use for 2 days and after that i have been using only my usb 3.0 ports and trying not to use 2.0 ports much.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Coolermaster is the brand of the PSU while 550W is the advertised wattage of the unit, bronze is it's 80+ efficiency rating. You will need to state the model of the PSU. How old is the PSU in your build? Are you working with and aftermarket cooling on that processor? Please mention the titles that you're taxing the system with? Side note, what OS version are you if you're working with Windows 10?

" Over current detected at usb ports "
That may be an indication that your PSU is either faulty/failing or your motherboard may be having trouble coping with your crib's power source(if your house lacks proper grounding). Do you get a mild tingling sensation when you make contact with the metal part of your chassis while your feet are making contact with bare(non carpeted, non wooden) floor?

Jan 2, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Coolermaster is the brand of the PSU while 550W is the advertised wattage of the unit, bronze is it's 80+ efficiency rating. You will need to state the model of the PSU. How old is the PSU in your build? Are you working with and aftermarket cooling on that processor? Please mention the titles that you're taxing the system with? Side note, what OS version are you if you're working with Windows 10?

" Over current detected at usb ports "
That may be an indication that your PSU is either faulty/failing or your motherboard may be having trouble coping with your crib's power source(if your house lacks proper grounding). Do you get a mild tingling sensation when you make contact with the metal part of your chassis while your feet are making contact with bare(non carpeted, non wooden) floor?

I have CM 550w bronze 80+. It's around 6-7 months old still has 5 years warranty left also I have 1-year warranty left on the motherboard too. cant go-to service center this month as WFM needs.
My CPU temperatures are normal so I am still using its stock cooler. 35-40c on idle and under load 60-65c same goes with gpu.
and I haven't received any static shocks from my case, I don't think its any grounding error, but we use to have some power cut might that made my psu faulty?

Also I have tested cinebench, CPU is having good score and windows mem test, but for unigine GPU test PC restarts