Question PC riddled with different BSODs

Sep 17, 2024
I'll try to make my post short but also give as many details I can think of.

My PC specs:

• AM4 Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2
  • AMD Ryzen 5900X
  • Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240 A-RGB
  • 2x16GB Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 3600 C18
  • ASUS ROG STRIX 1000G 1000 W
  • Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6800XT
  • Kingston A2000 M.2 NVME 250GB + Kingston A2000 M.2 NVME 500GB
  • Toshiba P300 7200RPM 3TB HDD
  • Windows 10 Pro 22H2
The PC was assembled last year around April, and I would say everything was fine except for 1 thing that I can recall. It randomly freezed up after the spinning mouse circle, usually when browsing the Internet but sometimes when opening random programs too. After spinning for a while, it freezes the whole PC taking the Explorer down with it and then coming back to life after about a minute. This occurred every once in a while at first, then more often after some months. Eventually BSODs popped up in some rare occasions until the BSODs became more frequent as well about maybe 3-4 months ago. That's when I started looking up ways to try and resolve the issue, since it's a self-made PC from parts all over the place.

The BSODs I've so far experienced are as follows, from most often occurring to the ones least occurring:

• PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
  • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
  • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
  • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
  • DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
  • ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
  • CACHE_MANAGER
  • DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
And these programs were only sometimes listed as the cause of the crash:

• fltmgr.sys
  • ntfs.sys
  • amdkmdag.sys
  • ntkrnlmp.exe
What I've tried so far:

• Uninstall Windows about 3-4 times now, on both the 250GB NVME and most recently the 500GB one, which is where I'm currently at. The BSODs occurred even during some of the Windows installations earlier, so that didn't fix it.
  • Removed and swapped around my RAM sticks and test them with Memtest86 and Windows Memory Diagnostic. The BSODs kept occurring and the tests came up with not a single issue with however many passes it took.
  • Removed the HDD and NVMEs, BSODs kept occurring.
  • Updated BIOS with whatever newest update is available on the MB site, BSODs kept occurring.
  • Download every single bit of driver software I could scrounge up on both specific manufacturer and MB sites, BSODs kept occurring.
  • I cleared CMOS on the MB and that came the closest to a fix I could notice, since BSODs were barely occurring shortly after I did this, until they started occurring again so this didn't work either.
The times the BSODs occur the most is when Windows is booting, either during the spinning circle on the BIOS Del/F12 logo screen, or the welcome page to Windows, or just shortly after Windows is started. But also sometimes randomly when installing something (most recently that I noticed it was with audio drivers and Gigabyte's RGB Fusion) or just opening any program on the PC. Now as far as Dump files go, the PC only creates 5 files and sometimes it created multiple so older ones get overridden, but I have 2 sets of them from 2 months ago when I first reinstalled Windows on the 250GB NVME and it BSOD a million times during that process (this one is on the 250GB NVME that I currently have removed, let me know if it's needed as well), and the most recent installation of it on the 500GB NVME. I just threw them all in and hopefully they show absolutely anything worthwhile. https://www.mediafire.com/file/48tu5s3sb23xe4e/Minidumps.7z/file

I'm going insane, because even as I still have warranty for all the parts to return for another 6 months or so, I have absolutely no idea what even is the issue to return only that 1 specific part in hopes that resolves it. If anyone has any clue what the problem is and what to do about it, please let me know since the only other last resort I have is taking it to a random repair shop but I have no idea what they'll do and how much worse it'll end up being. Lemme know if anything else is needed.

Sep 17, 2024
Try the built in Windows troubleshooters - the troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also run "dism" and "sfc /scannow".

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Failing that then delve into Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer.
Ah, I did the DISM and sfc /scannow commands too, forgot to mention that, but on the old NVME 2 months ago. From what I recall, the process ended with saying "corrupt files were fixed" and I still kept having BSODs afterwards. I can try again now on this installation but it seems this is not the fix.

As for the reliability monitor, I'm looking at it now and it's telling me the times it shutdown unexpectedly and that it created a MEMORY.dmp file which is about 1GB size. Should I zip this up and upload it too?

As for Event Viewer, sorry to say I'm not sure what I'm looking at there.

EDIT: Did the DISM, showed no problems at all, and SFC just said "found corrupt files and fixed them". It said the same before and I still had BSODs so it's likely not this.

And here's the Memory.dmp file in case it means anything. https://www.mediafire.com/file/sdsgq17k4ynzaku/MEMORY.7z/file

Last edited: