Question PC running slow after a repair

MattRBX

Prominent
Oct 1, 2019
so basically my motherboards PCI-E slot broke after installing a new and heavy graphics card(RTX 2080s) so I got a new motherboard but now my PC runs just as fast as when I had only a 1060 in it

here's all my hardware:
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700
GPU: MSI Ventus RTX 2080 Super OC Edition
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 8GB (Single Stick)
Storage: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2

I know what you're all gonna say... ram issue upgrade ram but no its not a ram issue because my PC was running to its full potential before it completely broke and then afterward it dropped down to like half the speed and I also have a friend with worse hardware than me running 8GB of ram at about 150% the speed of me

so basically my motherboards PCI-E slot broke after installing a new and heavy graphics card(RTX 2080s) so I got a new motherboard but now my PC runs just as fast as when I had only a 1060 in it

here's all my hardware:
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700
GPU: MSI Ventus RTX 2080 Super OC Edition
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 8GB (Single Stick)
Storage: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2

I know what you're all gonna say... ram issue upgrade ram but no its not a ram issue because my PC was running to its full potential before it completely broke and then afterward it dropped down to like half the speed and I also have a friend with worse hardware than me running 8GB of ram at about 150% the speed of me
Is BIOS still at default factory settings ?

GO to device manager, and delete assorted chipset, and CPU devices, then hit the reset button, let them be redetected and installed...

Then reinstall chipset drivers from manufacturers website, then remove Nvidia GeForce experience, then reinstall it with GPU driver package again..

MattRBX

Prominent
Oct 1, 2019
Even if your RAM isn't the issue you're still losing ~ 30% or even more fps in some titles because of you running in Single Channel instead of Dual Channel. Since you have such a nice GPU and a good CPU I would fix that as soon as possible. It's just gimping your performance even more over the issue you're having.

If your friend is running 8GB of RAM too but has 2 sticks of 4GB instead of just 1 stick of 8GB he will have better performance. In this case this isn't the amount of RAM but the amount of sticks.

You changed your motherboard. Did your turn on XMP profile back on in the BIOS?

After changing the board did you do a clean install of Windows? If you did not do a clean install it could be a reason why your system is running like this.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/

Run the benchmark and post your result page here. Let's see how your system is running.

MattRBX

Prominent
Oct 1, 2019
Even if your RAM isn't the issue you're still losing ~ 30% or even more fps in some titles because of you running in Single Channel instead of Dual Channel. Since you have such a nice GPU and a good CPU I would fix that as soon as possible. It's just gimping your performance even more over the issue you're having.

If your friend is running 8GB of RAM too but has 2 sticks of 4GB instead of just 1 stick of 8GB he will have better performance. In this case this isn't the amount of RAM but the amount of sticks.

You changed your motherboard. Did your turn on XMP profile back on in the BIOS?

After changing the board did you do a clean install of Windows? If you did not do a clean install it could be a reason why your system is running like this.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/

Run the benchmark and post your result page here. Let's see how your system is running.

I didn't change my motherboard I had some tech expert guy do it so i don't know very much

i know it was a clean install of windows because my windows installation got rekt and didn't want to work after installing the motherboard
and i don't know what XMP profile is nor where to locate it but i guess ill try to find it

EDIT: my motherboard is asrock b365m hdv