[SOLVED] PC running too slow

Oct 10, 2019
Hi Guys,

I've just built my first PC and ill post the specs and stuff underneath. Its a major upgrade from my last pc which ran a crappy motherboard, 3rd gen i7 and a 750ti, so I was stoked to get it up and running and do some gaming with actually decent graphics. Issue im having is that my new setup is actually running as bad or worse than my old one, even when i have the graphics settings on the exact same im getting nowhere near the FPS i should get (for example, averaging 20fps on mid tier graphics Rust). Ive tried updating my drivers for the GPU and stuff but even that hasnt helped, does anyone know where im going wrong??

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270P-D3 (bios F6)
Processor: Intel i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~ 3.4GHz
Memory: 16348mb RAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
PSU: Corsair VS550

sorry if this isnt all the information you need, im really new to all this and even though im a Comp Sci student I dont know nearly enough about building my own computer xD

Solution
Being it's a new build....
You may have a temp problem.
Maybe the cooler isn't seated right or something similar.
I would run Afterburner.....or something similar and check the temps.
Ideally the CPU should be under around 70C and the GPU 80C or less.

Solution
Oct 10, 2019

Ive installed it and I am averaging about 30C so I think that might not be the issue

Oct 10, 2019
Okay ive managed to fix it guys, I was being really stupid and my CPU cooler wasnt actually connected properly. Such a simple mistake which took literally 2 minutes to fix so I apologize for wasting anyone time

Okay ive managed to fix it guys, I was being really stupid and my CPU cooler wasnt actually connected properly. Such a simple mistake which took literally 2 minutes to fix so I apologize for wasting anyone time
Things happen.
As far as how you get the temp of the CPU in Afterburner.....(I'm doing this from memory so.....) Go to settings....and then I think "monitoring" or something like that.....and you can choose what to monitor. If you have Riva Tuner....you can also monitor parameters "in game" on the screen.