Pc Running Very Slow Recently

whatismason

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Hi, recently my laptop has become very very sluggish, especially when booting up. I have 8gb of ram running an Intel Core i-3-2310m @ 2.10ghz. It used to fly through things when I had only 4gb of ram, but now it takes very long to open up say Google Chrome or Steam as these are both software programs. All my drivers are up to date. Is there anything else I can do?
Also the ram cards do match. They are both :G.SKILL 4GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Laptop Memory Model F3-10600CL9S-4GBSQ

Thanks, Mason.

Solution
Try defragging your drive, over time files tend to get thrown around which result in longer wait times for the drive to get the proper data. I recommend Smart Defrag 2 for such a purpose, it's a lot faster and probably more efficient then Windows built in defragger.

CDdude55

Distinguished
Try defragging your drive, over time files tend to get thrown around which result in longer wait times for the drive to get the proper data. I recommend Smart Defrag 2 for such a purpose, it's a lot faster and probably more efficient then Windows built in defragger.

Solution