Question PC runs BIOS, no display when starting windows, but works on safe mode

Jan 23, 2024
Hey guys.My PC was running the BIOS, but it didn't start Windows, it just showed "no display input". I took the computer to technical assistance, they put new thermal paste on it. The PC was experiencing overheating in the CPU and VGA.The PC started working again, with several stress tests being carried out, all within normal limits.The computer worked perfectly for 4 days, and I played several games, all of the latest generation, with ultra graphics . I didn't experience any increase in temperature, everything was ok. I eventually left my PC behind and it went into sleep mode, and after that, the PC presented the same problem as at the beginning.I noticed that the idle CPU temperature is between 55/65, The computer only turns on in safe mode. I did several tests, removed the VGA, checked the cables, reset the bios, but nothing. Could this be psu failing? Could it be vga or cpu? I'm very sad about this situation, as I no longer have the money to buy another high end setup. My setup: Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ram ddr4, rx 6800xt, Corsair 750w modular 80 plus gold, SSD was nvm2 blue 1tb Cooler scyther fuma 2

Jan 23, 2024
can you ask them to check the gpu works okay in another PC?

could be the drivers, have you tried removing GPU drivers in safe mode and see if it boots into windows??
I have no way of testing the card on another PC :/ I'll try to uninstall the drivers in safe mode, and let's see what happens. Is there a possibility that psu could be the cause of this?

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2024
I assumed technical assistance would.

what are normal temps? Where are you? is it summer there? What case do you have? Cleaned heat sinks or fans recently?

my 5800x3d sits on 46c most of the time.
Before the computer had this problem, the iddle temperature was 45.40, or less.The technician cleaned all the dust from the computer. I live in Brazil, it's summer, but the average temperature is between 20/25c. My case is not suitable for the setup, so I use the case open when I'm playing, so I have low temperatures.I can only see the CPU temperature in the bios, I cannot open hwinfo in safe mode . Now the temperature in iddle is higher than expected, but without any apparent cause, as I was using it previously and it reached a maximum of 55.60 degrees when playing cyberpunk on ultra. This all happened suddenly

Jan 23, 2024
one or two fans on CPU cooler? wonder if fans attached right. He would have had to remove heatsink to do thermal paste.

https://www.scytheus.com/fuma2-rev-b

31c here today, 25c sounds nice :)
Two fans, they are working correctly. 31c is very hot, it is only acceptable for going to the beach or pool . I'm going to take the computer to technical assistance, I really hope that they can solve this, and that no expensive parts are defective :/

Colif

Win 11 Master
It could be the cooler is not mounted correctly. They can at least check that. If temps were fine before they took it out, it could be that simple.

Average this month probably was about 25c, its just warmed up now. First 2 months of summer have been good this year. I am in Australia. Meant to get normal summer weather next month meaning it probably be 30c most days... maybe more. I hope not.

Reactions: vic.caprio
Jan 23, 2024
It could be the cooler is not mounted correctly. They can at least check that. If temps were fine before they took it out, it could be that simple.

Average this month probably was about 25c, its just warmed up now. First 2 months of summer have been good this year. I am in Australia. Meant to get normal summer weather next month meaning it probably be 30c most days... maybe more. I hope not.
So I uninstalled the cards In safe mode. I managed to enter Windows without being in safe mode, but after 3 seconds it turned off, on the display. The bios reports that the Iddle processor temperature is 68/69c