Pc screen goes black with "no signal" sometimes when playing games and browsing!

blake_subaru

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
Sometimes screen turns off and goes black with no signal and other times screen goes black with white streaks through it! My fans run at the needs of the cpu and when the screen turns off the sound of fans increases to maximum. I just turn it off and wait ten seconds and it usually boots back up again.

Hardware or software issue ???

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB

Intel Core i5 6600K

VictoriaH

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
Full guide to check for black screening during gaming (no signal on monitor)

-drivers (update or roll back)
-make sure cables are seated sufficiently
-temperatures
-check compatibility with all the parts, rarely something can be missed and a part can slowly die overtime if its not compatible (e.g. power supply wattage, ram compatibility (voltage) with motherboard and cpu
-damage on any components (physical) (fans not working, capicitators leaking on motherboard)
-clean dust and debris from fans and computer
-different sockets (check with a three pronged voltage meter), different extension leads
-resetting bios (via battery or jumper), checking its not on turbo mode (asus motherboards), checking bios is up to date, changing fan speeds, max temps for gpu and cpu etc
-take out gpu and ram and boot raw from the motherboard to test gpu and ram
-take out component by component to work out if hardware is damaged or use spare parts in place of hardware you think is damaged

Hope this helps