[SOLVED] PC Screen randomly goes black during gaming, have to hard reset

Jul 15, 2021
Hi guys. I'm having trouble with my computer. My screen will go completely black randomly while I'm using it. It seems to be more common while gaming, but it has also happened while I'm doing nothing intensive. It can happen anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour of PC use.

The only way to fix it is the hard reset the computer entirely. I can still hear sounds from the computer and Windows makes a sound for a device disconnecting.

I've tried:

* Clean installing graphics drivers

* Monitoring GPU and CPU temperatures (temps are all fine even when gaming)

* Changing device cables (I'm using a Displayport cable for my main monitor and HDMI for my second monitor, I have replaced both.)

* Making sure and double sure all my cables are connected properly, including the power cables for my GPU and CPU

* Cleaning the fans of my computer

Not sure what else to do, would appreciate some help.

My specs are:

* GeForce RTX 3070

* AMD Ryzen 3600x

* 750w Cooler Master power supply

* 32GB DDR4 RAM

* 500GB SSD and 2TB HDD

Solution
Hi guys. I'm having trouble with my computer. My screen will go completely black randomly while I'm using it. It seems to be more common while gaming, but it has also happened while I'm doing nothing intensive. It can happen anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour of PC use.

The only way to fix it is the hard reset the computer entirely. I can still hear sounds from the computer and Windows makes a sound for a device disconnecting.

I've tried:

* Changing device cables (I'm using a Displayport cable for my main monitor and HDMI for my second monitor, I have replaced both.)

* Making sure and double sure all my cables are...
Jul 15, 2021

I've tried:

* Making sure and double sure all my cables are connected properly, including the power cables for my GPU and CPU

* Cleaning the fans of my computer

Not sure what else to do, would appreciate some help.

My specs are:

* GeForce RTX 3070

* AMD Ryzen 3600x

* 750w Cooler Master power supply

* 32GB DDR4 RAM

* 500GB SSD and 2TB HDD
hey, ive been having basically the same issue. if you go to event viewer after having the black screen issue, do you see something like the display driver has stopped working and recovered? image below as an example

qJlPeuF.png

if yes then im pretty sure its a windows update that caused it. i tried to roll back my nvidia drivers to 466.77 but that didnt work, and when i tried to system restore my windows from the day it updated i ended up getting put into a boot loop and had to reinstall it again. the reinstall was an image after the update that broke my GPU so either id try to roll back updates with caution or wait for an update from either nvidia or MS. it sucks but thats the only thing ive found in the past week ive been researching this issue :( ill try to post an update if i find a fix

Solution

TRENDING THREADS