PC selling option evaluating

xjokru

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
Hello!
I have for a while been considering an(other) upgrade to my PC and the latest intel debacle has me worried.
As I see it I have x options:

1.1) Sell the PC as I bought it, i.e. revert my upgrades and save the parts for a new one
CPU: Intel Core i5-4440
GPU: Nvidia GTX 760 1.5GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: Hynix HMT451U6AFR8C-PB 2x4GB
MBD: Acer Predator G3-605

+Least hassle
+Get to keep upgrades
-But I doubt anyone will buy it
-Low price

1.2) Same as 1, but take out the HDD and keep it, lowering the price

+Little hassle
+Get to keep upgrades
-Even less buyers
-Low price

2) Sell most of the previously mentioned parts separately, all I need is the HDD, and power supply (maybe the case as well)

+Get to keep HDD, PSU and case
-Lots of hassle
-Low price
-Low buyers

3) Sell the PC in its first upgrade (marked with **) state and sell the old GPU separately
**GPU2: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB

4) Sell the PC in its second upgrade (marked with **) state and sell the old GPU separately
GPU2: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB
**SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

5) Swap the motherboard for a newer one (possibly selling the old one)
+Get to keep HDD, PSU and upgrades
-New RAM, CPU and MBD, costs alot
-Likely little to no buyers for MBD and CPU

Also as an added bonus question:
If I sell the old one (options 1 or 2) should I
A) Get a prebuilt/storebuilt based on part list without GPU2 and SSD (HDD)
B) Sell HDD, GPU2 (HDD) and buy a whole new prebuilt/package PC

Thank you so much and sorry if this a pain to read. I'm really stuck with this decision. And also sorry if this breaks rules or such.

P.S. Could/Should I make selling notices on websites for all of the above options and see which ones gather the most money? (Would they get taken down or something?)

Edit: Also maybe suggest tags, I wasn't sure what to include

xjokru

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016

Up to -30% performance and my CPU is already at 100% when doing basically jack <mod edit>.

<Moderator Warning: Watch your language in these forums>

mazboy

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
Right now everyone is panicking and no one really knows anything. A few tests--using Linux--show major hits, but it all depends on this, that, and the other thing. Intel and Arm and AMD aren't going to let this be the norm. It's bad publicity for them. They are already working on software, firmware and BIOS fixes, along with the major manufactures (Apple, HP, Asus, Dell, etc) and the OS people (Microsoft, Apple, Linux, etc) and eventually the world will move on and everything will be fine.

Since the problem is in hardware, the ultimate fix is only going to come with brand new, redesigned CPUs, and I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

You have an old, outdated computer. The latest security disaster just exacerbates your situation. Ignore the scandal and concentrate on your situation.

xjokru

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016

My whole point was that the scandal led me to ask here, I'm going to switch anyway as in I've been thinking about this for a while.