PC showing no display mode

elias1995ish

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Hello guys so I decided to build my own custom gaming pc i used these specs :
intel core i5 6600 skylake
8GB ddr4 ram
MSI B150 pc mate motherboard
Nvidia geforce GTX770 4GB GDDR5 (got it for free my friend decided to upgrade to 980 and gave me his 770)
Thermaltake Toughpower 750W GOLD PSU
So i installed all the parts and booted up nicely i left my house went to a friend and on the way back I had a big car accident the pc case was on the back seat and got damaged :( when i got home i decided to open the case and see what's going on so the mobo has 2 pci express slot one slot has been totally damaged the connector is broken and fell i can only see the pins , i tried booting the pc it booted up nicely i used it for two days I noticed the computer freezing sometimes had to hard reboot to be able to re-use it(sometimes it get's fixed by itself and shows that display driver crashed). The second day i tried to boot the pc and got nothing(no display mode) ! everything seems to boot the fans the gpu fans cpu fan everything even a red light on the mobo but the wired ethernet cable port didn't show any signal (usually the moment i boot the pc the ethernet port lights up) i thought it was a GPU issue so i tried the 770 on my friends rig and booted nicely no problems at all , i plugged the hdmi cable into my motherboards integrated GPU and still getting no display mode ! So the 770 is not damaged and the integrated GPU on the motherboard isn't working so i think the problem is from the motherboard , but i'm afraid that the cpu is damaged also from the motherboard ? what do you think guys any idea or advice ?
PS : i tried using another PSU still the same issue

elias1995ish

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
ok so changing the ram slot did the trick and now its booting but constantly getting a freeze with the error (display driver has stopped responding! ) i updated the driver on the gpu and still the same issue ! im running windows 10 btw