Pc shut down and reboot during games but not benchmark

TDBN

Reputable
Jan 11, 2016
First thing first is that I have a alienware aurora r4 with i7 4820k and a r9 390 that I installed 2 weeks ago. The first time it shut down and reboot was due to overheat which I fix it but now it shut down twice during bf4, once in sleeping dogs and tomb raider. I ran 3Dmark which also shut down once but I think it stable now and Heaven benchmark. I am planning to take most of my parts into a new build except psu, motherboard and case but not sure when so I need to fix this and I asking for your help.

Solution

If you are crashing in benchmarks and games there could be several issues happening. It could be because your PSU is not able to supply the needed wattage when needed underload. Since you mentioned you overheated before, it could...

meat_loaf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011

If you are crashing in benchmarks and games there could be several issues happening. It could be because your PSU is not able to supply the needed wattage when needed underload. Since you mentioned you overheated before, it could be the overheating already caused some damage to the gpu.

Solution

TDBN

Reputable
Jan 11, 2016

I did try to limit the card through msi afterburner and I planning to borrow a friend pc to check the card. I also have concern for corrupted os and drivers.

TDBN

Reputable
Jan 11, 2016

Ok thanks mate, guess all I can do now is wait and test the card and do some upgrades.