PC shut down automatically

Johnny Shalos

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
I have i7-8700k, maximus x hero, 16gb ram, strix 1080ti, 750w psu.

My pc sometimes shut down automatically when i played games anyone knows what cause it ? I have never overclock, and i dont have any blue screens... Sometimes the problem is different, my pc shut down and then turn on automatically without doing nothing and sometimes i got black screen (no signal) while i played games and the gpu make a loud noise and stuck to rgb yellow color which before was to rainbow-cycle color. I turn off the pc and when i turn on again in the windows i got this notification: "display driver failed to start using Microsoft basic display driver instead"

I notice this problem when i put a problematic hdd 2.5 from a laptop to my pc, and i in the bios i got a message like this: "Remove HDD because it will be crash" and the windows not boot, i wanted to format this hdd from a laptop because was not booting the windows in the laptop... I also try with hdd enclosure and my pc was freezes every time i plugin the the hdd enclosure and when i unplugged it my pc was unfreeze. I dont know why it's happens, it very strange problem i dont find any similar in the internet... Anyway it's possible this hdd to broke my pc ?

Johnny Shalos

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014

PSU: Corsair HX750 80 PLUS® Gold Certified
CPU temps idle: 30-35c
CPU temps in games: 50-60c
GPU temps idle: 30-40c
GPU temps in games: 65-80c

Temps seem mostly fine (tho you may want to adjust the fan curve on your GPU to bring it down a notch. What card is it? Although I believe your PSU is not poorly reviewed, I'd be most suspicious of it. Is there any way to try a spare/good quality one?

Johnny Shalos

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014

My gpu is asus strix 1080ti overclocked edition, the settings of the fans is on the automatic in tweak II