[SOLVED] Pc Shut Down while playing BF 2042

Dec 8, 2021
Hi I bought the following pieces(*) about a week ago, assembled two days ago. the pc started giving me problems right away.
so i thought the problem was windows. (I switched from intel i5 6600 to ryzen 5800x), so I flashed the bios and then I reinstalled the clean version of windows, then I reinstalled battlefield and after an hour of playing the computer shut down as it did before component update.

-the componente before update.
MOTHERBOARD- ASrock H170 Pro4
GPU -AMD RADEON 6600
CPU- Intel i5 6600
PSU- 650W TS XFX 650G
AIR COOLER
RAM- DDR4 2133MHz

-AFTER (*)
MOTHERBOARD- MSI B550-A PRO
GPU -AMD RADEON 6600
CPU- AMD RYZEN 5800x
PSU- 650W TS XFX 650G
AIO ARTIC LIQUID FREEZER 2 240mm
RAM- DDR4 3200MHZ

can you help me, i can't play like this... what info you need more for hel me better ?

Solution
why did you tell us the old specs that doesn't even matter, anyways make your computer isnt overheating like hell and that your liquid cooling is working. it might be a driver issue so if the previous thing isnt an issue try reinstalling drivers.
It's actually very very helpful to list the before and after because you consider power draws of previous and current hardware. You can see what was kept (so it's old) and what not, to determine if something has reached end of life or degraded. You can also evaluate if the PSU was a crappy one if it had anything to do with the current problem.

Hi I bought the following pieces(*) about a week ago, assembled two days ago. the pc started giving me problems right away.
so i thought the...
Dec 8, 2021
so i thought the problem was windows. (I switched from intel i5 6600 to ryzen 5800x), so I flashed the bios and then I reinstalled the clean version of windows, then I reinstalled battlefield and after an hour of playing the computer shut down as it did before component update.

GPU -AMD RADEON 6600
CPU- Intel i5 6600
PSU- 650W TS XFX 650G
AIR COOLER
RAM- DDR4 2133MHz

-AFTER (*)
GPU -AMD RADEON 6600
CPU- AMD RYZEN 5800x
PSU- 650W TS XFX 650G
RAM- DDR4 3200MHZ

can you help me, i can't play like this... what info you need more for hel me better ?
why did you tell us the old specs that doesn't even matter, anyways make your computer isnt overheating and that your liquid cooling is working. it might be a driver issue so if the previous thing isnt an issue try reinstalling drivers.

Reactions: hemaEz
Dec 8, 2021
most of the time it turns off when I play Battlefield 2042, the fans of AIO working , i think it's a overheat problem but the window of the case is fully opened and i have 5 fans, 3 on the front and 2 on back for pull out the air. all the drivers are full reinstalled. Last time i check the temp it was 77 degrees for GPU and 65 for the CPU.

why did you tell us the old specs that doesn't even matter, anyways make your computer isnt overheating like hell and that your liquid cooling is working. it might be a driver issue so if the previous thing isnt an issue try reinstalling drivers.
It's actually very very helpful to list the before and after because you consider power draws of previous and current hardware. You can see what was kept (so it's old) and what not, to determine if something has reached end of life or degraded. You can also evaluate if the PSU was a crappy one if it had anything to do with the current problem.

GPU -AMD RADEON 6600
CPU- Intel i5 6600
PSU- 650W TS XFX 650G
AIR COOLER
RAM- DDR4 2133MHz

-AFTER (*)
GPU -AMD RADEON 6600
CPU- AMD RYZEN 5800x
PSU- 650W TS XFX 650G
RAM- DDR4 3200MHZ

Did you do a clean installation of windows after the new hardware? How long has the PSU been in service?

Run a userbenchmark and post the link to the results here.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution
Dec 8, 2021
Yes i do a clen installation because i read that an old installation canc cause driver and hardware problems, PSU from december 2016.

The results : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/48546272

UserBenchmarks: Game 82%, Desk 105%, Work 84%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - 108%
GPU: AMD RX 6600 - 71.4%
SSD: Crucial MX300 275GB - 92.6%
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012) - 83.7%
RAM: Unknown BL8G32C16U4R.8FE BL8G32C16U4R.M8FE1 BL8G32C16U4R.M8FE1 BL8G32C16U4R.8FE 32GB - 95.7%
MBD: MSI B550-A PRO (MS-7C56)

Did you do a clean installation of windows after the new hardware? How long has the PSU been in service?

Thank you for understanding 😀😀

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Consistent shutdowns is more likely psu related, quite possibly sensory issues from gpu transient spikes. Like Seasonic is facing with some of it's psu's and 3xxx Nvidia, Rx 6600 could be doing the same spiking leading to shutdowns. Change psu for an Corsair rm750x or rm850x. Transient spikes from idle to ramping up clocks, in that instance can cause a high spike in power and if psu is too sensitive with over current protection then psu will shutdown.

Dec 8, 2021

i done 3D mark

Graphic score 8041

CPU score 11955

Time Spy 8456

this is the graphic: https://ibb.co/y8mWJSc

Dec 8, 2021
Consistent shutdowns is more likely psu related, quite possibly sensory issues from gpu transient spikes. Like Seasonic is facing with some of it's psu's and 3xxx Nvidia, Rx 6600 could be doing the same spiking leading to shutdowns. Change psu for an Corsair rm750x or rm850x. Transient spikes from idle to ramping up clocks, in that instance can cause a high spike in power and if psu is too sensitive with over current protection then psu will shutdown.
I have new https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B089KC4V63/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
but the pc doesn't even boot with it...

Dec 8, 2021
Being fully modular, make sure no cable is left from old psu. Pin diagram isn't always same between brands and can cause short prevention.
i try 1 hour ago disconnect all my cables from my current non modular psu and connect the new full modular 750w psu , ant it wont boot at all, i start to think that this psu is broken... maybe i sent it back and i try newest one. maybe just bad luck. but i think its not the psu , sometimes it glitches befor shutting down , i think the temps are so high but my aio is good.. dont know at all , the broblems can be so mutch but the pc is new and the times for fix it is soo long

Dec 8, 2021
Where does it glitch, in Windows? Can you explain more in detail what is going on because going from wont boot at all to sometimes glitching is confusing.

Check cpu temps with Ryzen master/Hwinfo64
Glitch just before the shut down it’s like a sound bugged, like “bzzzzzzzzzzz”, and on the monitor is full glitched, the 1 sec and reboot. Yesterday I played Rust for 5hours alla at ultra and nothing happens, didn’t even warm my pc.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
There's a bios update improving Rx 6000 series but think your bios is newer according to UB, 24-9-2021.

BIOS Date20210924

Check bios version in bios is newer than A5;

7C56vA5
Release Date
2021-01-26

Description
  • Update to ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.0
  • Support S.A.M technology (Re-size BAR function) to enhance GPU performance for AMD Radeon RX 6000 series.

Troubleshoot ram related crashes. Run memtest, see tutorial in my signature. And try just two sticks in 2nd and 4th slot from cpu. Try different pair combinations.

Dec 8, 2021
There's a bios update improving Rx 6000 series but think your bios is newer according to UB, 24-9-2021.

BIOS Date20210924

Check bios version in bios is newer than A5;

7C56vA5
Release Date
2021-01-26

Troubleshoot ram related crashes. Run memtest, see tutorial in my signature. And try just two sticks in 2nd and 4th slot from cpu. Try different pair combinations.
i have update bios 2 days ago, i try to put my friends 3060 on my pc but it shut down exactly like my 6600 (i use ddu and secure mode for uninstall and reinstall drivers of GPU)

Dec 8, 2021
i try tomorrow , today i played with my 6600 at rust full resolution all ultra for like 8 hours straight the temps are so low like 60degrees for GPU and 50 for CPU (measured after 7 hours of playing)