PC shutdown issues

kaiw98

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017
I've built this pc lets say 8 months ago and has been fine since I would say 2 months ago, it has started to just power off and back on again after lets say around 2 seconds and it only really does this when im gaming, so instantly I thought it was getting too hot. But the games it does this situation on only get my cpu and gpu up to the 40C mark, which I don't understand as this wouldn't make my computer shutdown from overheating issues. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Solution
see the thing is with the modern day USB sticks is that they tend to be NTFS formatted when you buy them because of size its probably looking for a FAT32 formatted USB if you go and buy a small 4gb or 8gb or smaller USB you should be good a small cheap one.

kaiw98

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017

I5-6600k
MSI Z170A gaming Xpower titanium ATX Motherboard
H110i AIO cooler
Gtx 1070 gaming x
Superflower 650w PSU
Ddr4 3666hz ram

sorry I am talking on many parts of the forum but you should have the latest bios installed on the motherboard may fix some problems hopefully
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z170A-XPOWER-GAMING-TITANIUM-EDITION.html#down-bios
have a fresh formatted USB stick download the bios from motherboard manufacturer stick the bios you just downloaded on USB stick recommend at least 2 re-boot press the delete button repeatedly to get into bios select update select usb device flash it leave it to do its thing then you should be good with new bios

kaiw98

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017

See thats the thing now it happens sometimes just after I have turned it on and can't even do anything I reset the cmos and have done a repair with my windows disk, I have done a system restore and nothing is working

kaiw98

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017

I've also downloaded the latest bios update but it says it didn't have a bootable file in the USB.

see the thing is with the modern day USB sticks is that they tend to be NTFS formatted when you buy them because of size its probably looking for a FAT32 formatted USB if you go and buy a small 4gb or 8gb or smaller USB you should be good a small cheap one.

Solution