Question PC shutdowns randomly when gaming

Nov 20, 2020
Hi guys, I am having a random shutdown issue on my newly built PC, here's the spec:

CPU: Ryzen 3600X
GPU: Titan XP Founder
Mobo: GIGABYTE B450 I AORUS PRO Wi-Fi
Memory: (2 x 16GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MHz
PSU: Segotep 750W Fully-Modular Gaming Power Supply 80 Plus Gold
CPU Cooler: Noctua tower fan

I have been using this desktop for over a month and it works smoothly for the first several weeks. It starts to have this random shutdown issue since last week while I started to play games/running some gpu computation projects.

The time intervals of each shutdown are quite random, could be from 5 minutes all the way to 3 hours.

And after every shutdown, the pc won't reboot itself. I need to turn off psu every time then to turn on the pc. It seems that my mobo still have some sort of power since the led lights on the mobo and the front panel leds were still on. But the rest of the parts just went down.

Just don't know if it's a psu or a mobo issue. I have already tried reinstalling nvidia driver and resetting mobo, issues still there.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Have you tried working with a borrowed PSU that's higher in reliability and build quality than the Segotep unit? I'm leaning to a PSU issue if your temps are below 100 Deg C and that you're only experiencing the issue when taxing the system.

By reinstalling, did you use DDU to uninstall the drivers?

Nov 20, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Have you tried working with a borrowed PSU that's higher in reliability and build quality than the Segotep unit? I'm leaning to a PSU issue if your temps are below 100 Deg C and that you're only experiencing the issue when taxing the system.

By reinstalling, did you use DDU to uninstall the drivers?
I tried using DDU and reinstall the latest driver. It's been working well for hours. Will keep testing it, thanks!

I am still going to replace my psu anyway