Question PC Shutoff/restarted itself

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohgoditschris1

Prominent
Sep 4, 2021
today i loaded up Shadow Warrior 2 changed some graphic settings then when i got to a loading screen my System Randomly Shutoff/Restarted Itself. here are my specs.

i9-10900k 5.0ghz OC
MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk
EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
16GB Corsair Vengeance (3000mhz)
Corsair RM850x PSU << Im thinking might be the issue i dont know.
Corsair 220T RGB Case.

I have 2 PCI Power Cables going to my GPU. i even Undervolted my GPU Recently and today i got this issue where my System Rebooted itself. a couple days ago browing around on Youtube my System Shutoff/Rebooted itself. Whats weird is i ran Cinebench once that was complete i ran 3DMark and it was fine no Reboots or anything. The issue happens very randomly im not sure what it could be at this point. Its like i can do a day or two playing some games just fine. then some other day i load up a game or watch a bunch of videos on Youtube and boom Shutoff again. Its very imminent and random.

look im not here to have debates with people on the internet about Power Supplies

Well... you kind of are. You said that Corsair PSUs are good in America but not UK (they're literally the EXACT SAME PSU regardless of country) and that they're "obviously problematic". You stated that Seasonic makes Corsair's PSU, but then you also stated that Seasonic is better quality than Corsair, which is also incorrect. Obviously wherever your getting your information from is seriously misinformed.

.....And now, here we are, you replaced the PSU and still have a problem.

Just trying to set the record straight.

So, I didn't see where you updated the BIOS. You said you reset it, but do you actually have the newest 7C80v1A BIOS (from last month).

We use MSI boards almost exclusively, and we had a HUGE problem with shutdowns and reboots with Ampere cards (typically 3080 Ti cards now) and EVERY SINGLE MOTHERBOARD had to have a BIOS update in order to make them stable. Now... problem solved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.