Question PC Shuts down and Restarts when playing DX12 Games or running 3D mark fire strike test

Dec 4, 2022
PC Specs:

X570 Taichi Motherboard

4x8 Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200mhz ram CL16

5600x Ryzen CPU

6800xt Merc 319 XFX

RM850X Corsair Power Supply (1 1/2 years old)

2TB Sabrent Rocket SSD

4TB Toshiba 300X HDD (2 or 3 years old)

9 fans on a cooler master Mesh TD300 case

Alright fellas I have run into a problem that has me stumpt and I have been unable to figure it out for 1 1/2 YEARS now!!!!

My PC runs great 99% of the time wether I am gaming or just browsing the web/ watching videos. However whenever I play a few select games which tend to be DX12 games like Forza Horizon 5, Back 4 Blood, Chivalry 2 my PC will shut down and automatically restart itself but my monitors will stay on a black screen. It's instant and eventviewer gives me zero info on what happened.

Sometimes I can play for 4 hours before the crash and sometimes it's about 30 minutes before the shutdown. The only consistent way I have found to force this crash is to run the 3D mark Fire strike stress test where it will usually fail between 2 and 12 runs. Never restarts while just using the PC normally.

THINGS I HAVE ALREADY TRIED

1. New 850 watt Power Supply
  2. New Processor 5600x
  3. Running 2 sticks of ram at a time and swapping them out in case 1 of the ram sticks was bad
  4. Running off the stock power supply cables instead of my cable mod cables
  5. putting the GPU in a different slot
  6. opening up the case and running a big fan directly on the PC too keep everything cooled down
  7. undervolting both the CPU and GPU
  8. Lowering the GPU power draw by as much as adrenalin allows me
  9. Adding Voltage to the RAM
  10. DDU all the graphics drivers and chipset drivers and reinstalling them
  11. rolling back to earlier versions of adrenalin drivers
  12. Updating to the latest bios which is now 5.0 for Taichi
  13. reseating all the cables and parts in my PC
  14. a visual inspection of just about all the parts

There are also many other software things I have already tried among other things. I am completely stumpt

Could this still be a power supply issue I am almost certain 850 Watts is enough and I even tried a newer version of the same power supply and it still did the same exact thing.

I kind of want to think it's the motherboard at this point but honestly don't have the money for a new x570 Taichi or any X570 board for that matter. Also don't want to spend the hours it'd take to test a new motherboard and find out it wasn't the issue.

PLEASE HELP I AM GOING CRAZY 😅

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the games that demand more from the platform are what cause the restart, then it's possible that the PSU you have is unable to power your platform as said events or you're having a thermal shutdown. I'd try and see if a higher wattage PSU borrowed from a friend or neighbor alleviates the issue. It might also be an issue with a driver or app that would be conflicting with the game(s) in question. What OS are you on? Once you made sure the BIOS for the motherboard was updated, did you clear the CMOS? How are you cooling the processor? Ambient room air temps + temps of your platform during idle and when the reboot occurs? Where are the games installed(which drive)?

You posted this thread in the overclocking section, I'm yet to read anything remotely done that resembles overclocking.

Dec 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the games that demand more from the platform are what cause the restart, then it's possible that the PSU you have is unable to power your platform as said events or you're having a thermal shutdown. I'd try and see if a higher wattage PSU borrowed from a friend or neighbor alleviates the issue. It might also be an issue with a driver or app that would be conflicting with the game(s) in question. What OS are you on? Once you made sure the BIOS for the motherboard was updated, did you clear the CMOS? How are you cooling the processor? Ambient room air temps + temps of your platform during idle and when the reboot occurs? Where are the games installed(which drive)?

You posted this thread in the overclocking section, I'm yet to read anything remotely done that resembles overclocking.
My bad I definitely have this posted in the wrong section. First time using this site