PC Shuts Down at random.

Matt_30

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
So today i reset my PC to its factory condition as i felt the need for a fresh start. I used to have an issue where my PC would shut down at random however it seemed to have been solved and for a good few months it didn't occur, until today.. I felt it was time for a fresh start my pc was filled with a lot of unused programs and rubbish so i wanted a clean slate. So i decided for a full factory reset and wiped it back to factory condition. Now this is where the problem occurred, literally 5 minutes after loading downloading chrome and opening it shuts down instantly without any warning???? It then happens again after 10 minutes and then again when i finished downloading league of legends.

I have already replaced the PSU before.
The system is also running at a very steady cool temperature and the case feels stone cold?

Its so strange and its really starting to annoy me and is putting me off doing anything till i get it sorted.

Solution
Things to try--
1) Check the windows "Event Viewer" (found in control panel) logs and see what was recorded around the time of shutdown.
2) Look in windows "Device Manager" for any items with an exclamation point. Often after a fresh windows install, windows will not always find the newest, nor the correct drivers.
3) Consider manually updating your video card drivers in addition to what Vasim92 mentioned above-- update windows via the windows system update and update the motherboard bios using the drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Good luck!

skidog

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
Things to try--
1) Check the windows "Event Viewer" (found in control panel) logs and see what was recorded around the time of shutdown.
2) Look in windows "Device Manager" for any items with an exclamation point. Often after a fresh windows install, windows will not always find the newest, nor the correct drivers.
3) Consider manually updating your video card drivers in addition to what Vasim92 mentioned above-- update windows via the windows system update and update the motherboard bios using the drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Good luck!

Solution