[SOLVED] pc shuts down suddenly without any message and never turns on again.

Richerd

Commendable
Mar 14, 2019
pc shuts down suddenly without any message and never turns on again. the only time it turned on again was when I switched the 6 pin connector on my GPU, the system booted up, gave me the desktop but repeated the same thing again, i.e. the display goes off and my pc fans rev up to 100% and never gives a display ever again. the cabinet turns on with all the lights which indicate that its on, but I get no output, I can confirm my monitor has no problem in displaying and my GPU is working completely fine.

spec:
cpu: i3 9100f stock cooler
MOBO: gigabyte h310M 2.0
ram: 16gb one stick
Gpu: gtx 1660ti
psu: coolermaster 650w
ssd: 250gb(boot drive)

Solution
CoolerMaster is the brand of the POSU while 650W is the wattage. We will need to know the model of the unit. We will also need to know the age of the unit in your build. This smells a lot like your PSU is unable to power the entire system. You will need a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built PSU, one that has at least 450W of power for the entire system. If the issue does not persist with the donor PSU, you've found what needs replacing.

Lutfij

Titan
CoolerMaster is the brand of the POSU while 650W is the wattage. We will need to know the model of the unit. We will also need to know the age of the unit in your build. This smells a lot like your PSU is unable to power the entire system. You will need a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built PSU, one that has at least 450W of power for the entire system. If the issue does not persist with the donor PSU, you've found what needs replacing.

Reactions: dudio
Solution