PC shuts down when played games at extreme quality

Oct 25, 2018
Hello,

i recently got a zotac rtx 2080 ti amp edition to replace my zotac gtx 1070 mini. i installed my new gpu, uninstalled old drivers, and installed new ones.then i tried running the witcher 3, when i load my save file and start playing i hear a weird sound coming from the pc and five seconds later the pc reboots. it happened the last three times after i tried after reinstalling the drivers and changing the power connectors and gpu slots. i'm not sure if it's the gpu or the psu..then i lowered the settings and it worked fine. tried another game with very high settings and the same problem occured.i'm not sure whether it's the spu or the new gpu . what should i do ?

My specs:

windows 10 64bits updated

msi z270-a pro

rtx 2080 ti zotac amp edition

2x8gb fury ddr4 ram

intel core i7 7700k 4.2 ghz

zalman ZM700-TX 80PLUS psu

Thanks for your help

tahataoussi The cause of the issue sounds like either heat or power, and I'm greatly leaning toward heat being the cause. If so, either your CPU is overheating, throttling and finally rebooting your system as a safeguard OR the heat from your GPU is causing your VRM and/or northbridge on your motherboard to reboot the system.

Simple test: Open up the side of your computer case, and place the machine on it's side; so that the motherboard is facing the ceiling. Then get a desk or floor fan, point it toward the motherboard, and turn it on. Now play Witcher 3, and see if you can reproduce the problem.

Also, after you do this test right now, please take a photo of the inside of your computer case, upload to imgur and share the link here. I'd like to get an idea of your case's airflow.

One last thing... Even if your issue is caused by heat and not lack of power, I still would recommend that you upgrade to a better quality power supply. I've not read good things about your model online, and I personally don't trust any PSU that has fancy RGB or any kind of lighting built into it. Here is a good replacement recommendation:

EVGA G2 750
$89.99
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438017

Great picture. Case looks fine. No, I'm aware that it's currently on sale through NewEgg, but I personally wouldn't purchase a new Corsair TX. I would either purchase one of Corsair's high-end models, or seasonic, or EVGA. You just purchased a $1,200 graphics card, the power supply is not the place to skimp.

I understand.

case: As I stated before, the case looks fine, however I question if your CPU cooler is adequate for the warmer daytime temperatures in Morocco. Your i7-7700K has a 91 watt TDP. Your Arctic Alpine 11 CPU cooler has a recommended TDP up to 85 watts, and a max TDP of 96 watts. If you end up purchasing a new power supply, and you find your CPU temps are high while gaming, then you should consider purchasing a more appropriate air cooler for your CPU.

https://ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4-50-GHz-
https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/a11.html

PSU: The Corsair TX isn't horrible, it just wouldn't be my #1 choice. Why don't you paste a link in this thread to a website that you would feel comfortable purchasing a power supply from, and state your budget for such a purchase. Then the members of the community can offer suggestions.

Oct 25, 2018
UPDATE : i finally got a new psu and when i was installing it i realized that my cpu fan wasnt very well placed
anyway i don't know what solved the problem but it's all good now
thank you