[SOLVED] pc shuts down whenever i start up a game

Feb 16, 2019
hi there. i just finished building my new gaming pc. basic specs are an amd fx 8350 and a gtx 970. all of the parts are brand new except from my gtx 970 which i got off a friend (a trusted person) and my unbranded 500w psu.
my problem is that whenever i open a game (no matter how hard the game is to run) my computer shuts down straight away.
from what i have read this is either a psu, heating or gpu problem but if anyone has any ideas, suggestions or how to fix this problem it would be very much needed.
thanks from pete

Solution
According to the link you provided, close inspection shows there is only 22 amps available on the 12-volt rail, which supplies power for most everything in your PC. That is really only a 264 watt PSU. I would definitely stay away from such "unbranded" PSUs.

Look at it this way: The PSU is the heart of your system, without it NOTHING works! It is the only component that, if it fails, can destroy ALL of your other components. Never "cheap out" on the PSU, it is false economy!
According to the link you provided, close inspection shows there is only 22 amps available on the 12-volt rail, which supplies power for most everything in your PC. That is really only a 264 watt PSU. I would definitely stay away from such "unbranded" PSUs.

Look at it this way: The PSU is the heart of your system, without it NOTHING works! It is the only component that, if it fails, can destroy ALL of your other components. Never "cheap out" on the PSU, it is false economy!

Reactions: veggieweeb
Solution
Feb 16, 2019

thanks so much man, you really helped me out here. (id just like to say that i didn't cheap out on it is just that i already had it laying around). thanks a lot again and you have helped me save lots of time, money and effort. your a real great guy. from pete