PC SHUTs DOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2018
INTRO:(in short for those who wont read the full version): heatsink makes crop duster like sound or failing PSU.

MAIN:
My GPU psu and motherboard are relatively new while other components are from 2012 (writing this in 2018 XD) including the cpu.I never had any problems early on but it started with PUBG it randomly crashed my pc and then PC restarted.In the start it was once per week then become more frequent to once per day then frequency increased to every other freaking match(about 30-60 mins).I thought it was the game because it was in alpha(at that time) and it happened after a specific update.My pc never crashed in csgo or any other game(eg- arkham knight at max settings to give stable 40-50 fps, Elite dangerous at max , Not Even in dead by daylight or any other heavy game in fact except pubg) Until few weeks ago i was playing dark souls 3 and pc crashed.then again when i was using bluestacks for watching tv series(using showbox).the crashes have become EXTREMELY FREQUENT!!! i had to kill the dancer in ds3 like 100 times because pc crashed every time i defeated her.

So,i feel it is either the PSU or perhaps the heatsink system because during the same time when it started to crash my pc made this crop duster like sound which it never made.The temp seems good while in load tho (gpu at around 79C and cpu at around 90C(my cpu works well and good at 90C,working since 2012 :p)But this could be a problem perhaps sensor might be faulty or something

SPECS:
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 667MHz

Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z77M-D3H

Graphics
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (ASUS Strix 4GB OC)

Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-221CA1 ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives
ATAPI DVD A DH22ACSH ATA Device

PSU
Crossair S Series VS450 — 450 Watt Power Supply

ALL HEATSINKS
STOCK

Solution
Have a feeling it is the PSU. 450W is quite low, and the VS series is dead last in Corsair's line up in terms of quality.

It could be temp as well. Clean out your PC with compressed air, replace the thermal paste on the CPU and check if you still get crashes. I would still replace that PSU if I were you.
Have a feeling it is the PSU. 450W is quite low, and the VS series is dead last in Corsair's line up in terms of quality.

It could be temp as well. Clean out your PC with compressed air, replace the thermal paste on the CPU and check if you still get crashes. I would still replace that PSU if I were you.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.