[SOLVED] PC shuts off after making buzzing noise while Gaming...

Rajveer7827

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2015
It makes buzzing noise like for example if some character is talking in the game and he has to say "Meet me there" and suddenly this event happens the buzzing sound would be like "Meet Mme thhhherrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzz" the then PC goes off.

Then i have to restart it using Reset button.

My PC is very old and it has: [GTX 750 GPU] [i3 540 CPU] [4GB DDR3 + 2GB DD3 RAMs] [Local Unrecognised Brand's Cheap 450Watt PSU] [240GB PNY SATA SSD] [1TB 5.4RPM HDD + 500GB 7.4RPM HDD]

It only happens while gaming, happened in 2-3 different games.

What could be culprit?

Solution
If you've had other cheap PSUs die on you before (connected to same PC/these components) they might have damaged the board or the graphics card and now it's showing. Other components are not young either and they might be showing signs of wear and tear.

Although I'd suspect the PSU here, system crashes and turns off. Can you can check the system with another known good working PSU? To see if problems persist. If they do it might be graphcis card or mobo etc.

You're also mixing RAM which is gamle and no guarantee they work together without problem. But if you didn't add one of the RAM modules recently and didn't notice anything RAM-related they might be working OK in your case.

Normal temps for any CPU or GPU can be found on internet...

Rajveer7827

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2015
First thing I'd syspect is the "[Local Unrecognised Brand's Cheap 450Watt PSU]". How old is the PSU? As old as the rest of the system?

Have you monitored temps (CPU , GPU) at idle and while gaming?
No, PSU is not old as rest of the system because these cheap PSUs don't last that long, they die like after every 2-3 years and i have to replace it.

and I have not checked the temperature of CPU and GPU during game and i also dont know what normal temperature of these 2 components would be

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
If you've had other cheap PSUs die on you before (connected to same PC/these components) they might have damaged the board or the graphics card and now it's showing. Other components are not young either and they might be showing signs of wear and tear.

Although I'd suspect the PSU here, system crashes and turns off. Can you can check the system with another known good working PSU? To see if problems persist. If they do it might be graphcis card or mobo etc.

You're also mixing RAM which is gamle and no guarantee they work together without problem. But if you didn't add one of the RAM modules recently and didn't notice anything RAM-related they might be working OK in your case.

Normal temps for any CPU or GPU can be found on internet, at idle or under load, -/+ a few degrees (because of differences in ambient temps, coolers, cases, fans and air flow etc).

Solution

Rajveer7827

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2015

Normal temps for any CPU or GPU can be found on internet, at idle or under load, -/+ a few degrees (because of differences in ambient temps, coolers, cases, fans and air flow etc).
Mobo and CPU on this PC are from the year 2010, I got GPU in 2015 and SSD a few months ago.

I don't have another working PSU though.

I had 4GB RAM and added another 2GB module 4 months ago and played World Of Tanks game for two months continuesly but didn't experiance this kind of problem.

I will recheck the In-Game temperatures of CPU and GPU using some monitor software.