PC shuts off randomly for no reason

Jun 22, 2018
Hi so my pc randomly shuts off for no reason when im gaming or just on google. Its definitely not an overheating problem because my pc is cold. I dont know what part i need to replace or what i need to do to fix this. THanks
SPECS
i7 7700k
msi z270
gtx 1050 ti
corsair 500w psu

Solution
CX power supplies are not really recommended for gaming rigs. The grey label ones are a little better.
Their hold up time when voltage drops on the input side is below spec. So a small flicker or voltage drop will cause the computer to reboot.
Jun 22, 2018

hi I have a Corsair CX psu
There are a lot of power outages in my area but im not sure if there are brown outs.

PS
I also read that it may be my motherboard im not sure why tho

CX power supplies are not really recommended for gaming rigs. The grey label ones are a little better.
Their hold up time when voltage drops on the input side is below spec. So a small flicker or voltage drop will cause the computer to reboot.

Solution
Jun 22, 2018

so its a problem with the psu? what psu do you recommend

That would depend on price range.
SeaSonic, SuperFlower are the best manufacturers,Who sell their own line, and manufacture for other brands.
They make power supplies for Corsair,Evga,Coolermaster etc.....
So different brands like Corsair get their power supplies from different manufacturers.Delta, FSP, Channelwell, and others make make the power supplies for all of the different brands.
With a budget and where you are buying from I could suggest best value units for you.