Question Pc shuts off when i connect a second monitor.

May 10, 2023
When i connect the second monitor it goes sleep mode after briefly showing the windows load screen. However when i start with only the second monitor and connect my main one later they work for a few minutes until i launch a game or a browser. They both lose signal and the pc doesn't show the orange light indicating the drives are in use but its still powered on with fans running.
I tried switching out the cables but that didn't help. They both work perfectly when seperate and they're both plugged into my gpu via hdmi to vga adapter.

specs:
Sapphire RX 570 8gb
Ryzen 5 1400
Ibox Aurora 500w
Two sticks of 8gb ddr4 ram

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Ibox Aurora 500w
How old is the PSU in question? Also, have you though about sourcing(borrow, not by) a donor PSU that's reliably built and has 650W at the entire system's disposal to see if the issue could be your PSU being incapable of delivering power?

Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard at this age?

May 10, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Ibox Aurora 500w
How old is the PSU in question? Also, have you though about sourcing(borrow, not by) a donor PSU that's reliably built and has 650W at the entire system's disposal to see if the issue could be your PSU being incapable of delivering power?

Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard at this age?
B350M GAMING PRO (MS-7A39) 2.B0
The psu is around 4 months old

TRENDING THREADS