[SOLVED] Pc shuts off while launching games

Jan 27, 2023
Around a couple weeks ago my pc started shutting off while launching games. It goes completely off besides the light on the front of the desktop stays on every other light is off. I monitored the temps ( which were fine ) and cleaned the inside but it still happens. It usually happens if the pc has been on for a couple of hours and then I launch a game, cause when it crashes and I boot it back up it launches games for fine for a couple hours until it crashes again. Any help would be appreciated cause this pc is barely a year old and don't want to spend money on a new one.

Specs

Motherboard: unknown its an hp omen prebuilt
Gpu: rtx 3070
Cpu:5800x
psu:800w 80+ gold
ram:16gb 3200 hyperx

Solution
I have to be honest, I'm NOT a fan of "Cooler Master" psus.
The first thing I would do, since you say temps are still in check, would be to swap out your power supply with a known working unit and see if that fixes it.
Problems like the one you describe are usually either heat or power related.

Eugene$$

Reputable
Dec 15, 2019
download occt and run power test to see if its crashing, check if all cables plugged, do a memtest, you can unstick the memories and stick them back see if it helpes you.. try to replug the gpu too

Jan 27, 2023
download occt and run power test to see if its crashing, check if all cables plugged, do a memtest, you can unstick the memories and stick them back see if it helpes you.. try to replug the gpu too
Did the tests everything was fine, took the ram out and put it back in, same with gpu. See how it goes today will definitely crash at some point today if not fixed, thanks for the suggestions.

letmepicyou

Honorable
Mar 5, 2019
The first thing I would do, since you say temps are still in check, would be to swap out your power supply with a known working unit and see if that fixes it.

Solution
Jan 27, 2023
Ok will get another one today and test it out, thanks.