[SOLVED] PC shutting down after 5-ish minutes of gaming.

Apr 2, 2020
I searched for an answer to this problem on other forums online, but I couldn't find it so here I am asking.

Specs: Geforce GTX 1080, Running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, default BIOS settings. Intel Core i5-2500 CPU 3.30 Ghz Processor.

After 5 or 6 minutes of playing a graphically intensive game (Tested Middle Earth: Shadow of War, Mordhau, Red Dead Redemption 2), my PC just shuts down and then tries to boot back up but shuts down again, and this cycle of trying to reboot and then shutting down again occurs for around 2 minutes until it finally starts up again. This screams heating issue to me, but the PC is very clean and doesn't have much dust in it at all. I'm hoping someone could help me solve this issue. I asked my dad and my friends about it but nobody seems to know exactly what to do.

Solution
Check your RAM sticks make sure you don’t have a bad stick or one that’s not all the way in the slot. I had the same problem with my PC shutting down and constantly rebooting and come to find out one side of one of my RAM sticks wasn’t pushed all the way in and bam fixed the problem lol

Biggy Cent

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
Check your RAM sticks make sure you don’t have a bad stick or one that’s not all the way in the slot. I had the same problem with my PC shutting down and constantly rebooting and come to find out one side of one of my RAM sticks wasn’t pushed all the way in and bam fixed the problem lol

Solution