Question Pc shutting down and rebooting with corrupt drivers

Jul 22, 2022
I installed a MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT GAMING X 12GB Video Card about 24 days ago and had no issues at all, cleared all the previous drivers and had no issue with new driver installation. Over the past 5 days at least once a day the computer has gone black, frozen and disconnecting from the monitors, forcing me to power off the pc with the power button. When I reboot the computer the drivers are always corrupt and I have to reinstall them, any idea what could be causing this?

I installed a MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT GAMING X 12GB Video Card about 24 days ago and had no issues at all, cleared all the previous drivers and had no issue with new driver installation. Over the past 5 days at least once a day the computer has gone black, frozen and disconnecting from the monitors, forcing me to power off the pc with the power button. When I reboot the computer the drivers are always corrupt and I have to reinstall them, any idea what could be causing this?
How do you mean the drivers are corrupted?

You may have an unstable ram OC with XMP/DOCP causing corruption in Windows.

List the rest of your components.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Jul 22, 2022
When I say the drivers are corrupted, after rebooting from the crash the second monitor is not recognised while being plugged into the card until I have reinstalled the drivers, my main monitors refresh rate is reset and sometimes the resolution is reset also. (could be something else I just thought it was the drivers corrupting because the screen would go black on the main monitor then the pc would turn off). I'm also unable to boot the amd adrenalin software until reinstalling drivers.

It seems to do it only when i'm using google chrome or moving tabs of chrome around, my previous card was a MSI 1060 6gb and I had no issues with that.

Windows 10
AMD ryzen 5900x 3.7 ghz 12-core processor
asus tuf gaming b550-plus atx am4 motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Memory
Corsair RM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
corsair icue h100i elite capellix 75 cfm liquid cpu cooler

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2022
Possibly solved;
Issues seem to only be happening with chrome so I did some research and turning off 'use hardware acceleration when available' has stopped the black flickering but I have no way to tell if this will stop future crashes, i'll have to wait and see.