Question PC shutting down randomly while playing games

Sep 26, 2020
I apologies for my English. I'm not sure if this is the correct section, sorry if not.

The PC was working fine until a few months ago. I go on to explain the problem.

PC Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core I3-9100F
Motherboard: Gigabyte H310M-H 2.0
Graphics processor: ASUS Radeon RX 560 2Gb
Power Source: XFX XT 450w 80+ Bronze
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 1x8Gb 2133MHz
Storage drive 1: HDD WD 1TB 5400 RPM
Storage drive 2: KINGSTON 120Gb SSD
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

All the components except the HDD (5 years old) are only 2 or a year and a half years old.

Issue:

The PC suddenly shuts down at a random moment when I play video games with some noticeable load. Sometimes it lasts for a long time, sometimes it shuts off in the first few minutes. There is no freeze, there is no slowness, there is nothing, it turns off as if the power went out. When the PC shuts down, sometimes it takes about 5 minutes or 3 and it turns back on by itself, it is not a reboot. When the PC shuts down, the bios always resets.
The Date and Time always change when this happen.

Tested video games where it has been shutdown: Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, Dota 2, Little Nightmares, League of Legends (The first time in this game never shutdown, but after a few months start to happen).

Some on the HDD and some on the SSD, the same thing happened.

What I have tried so far:

-Temperatures at maximum load, the CPU reaches 60 ° and the GPU 70 °. I don't think they are high temperatures, I have not controlled the voltages because I do not understand that part very well, nor the speeds of the clocks. The HDD and SSD do not exceed 30 °, the mother neither.
-Complete partition deletion and complete Windows reinstallation.
-Bios update.
-RAM testing with Windows software.
-Force the CPU and GPU separately with software, they passed them all without shutting down.
-I changed the power source for a borrowed one to test (Generic 500Watts), it was still the same.
- Change the GPU for an older one and the same thing happened.
-I changed the thermal paste of the CPU.
-I removed all the cables and reattached them, as well as the components, except the cpu.
-Change the battery of the bios (It worked for 2 weeks and returned to the same).
-I don't think it's a virus being that I deleted the partitions, but I still did an analysis with MalwareBytes AntiMalware, Adwcleaner, CCleaner, etc.
-Windows 10 is up to date and the GPU drivers too, I have tried using the DDU and reinstalling 2 versions, the most recent and an old one, with the old one shutting down even faster.

I used MSI Afterburner and HwInfo to monitor temperatures. For the CPU and GPU forces I used Aida and Furmark. I used another one for the GPU just in case, I don't remember the name, if you need it I'll look it up.

Things I have not tested yet:

-Remove the HDD and SSD and try another one.
-Replace the Motherboard (Not enough budget for replace now).
-Replace the CPU (Not enough budget for replace now).
-Change the power outlet (Although it sounds illogical, I cannot move the PC because I am having certain problems at home and it is somewhat complicated right now, but I will do it soon).

Thank u so much. I don't know what to do to be honest at this point.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020
I would replace the CMOS battery on your MB. if your BIOS is resetting this should cure that. if you are still having issues report back. if that by chance cures the issue you'll get lucky.
make sure:
all BIOS, GPU and chipset drivers are up to date

It's on the thread "-Change the battery of the bios (It worked for 2 weeks and returned to the same). " i forge the CMOS word, sry. And all it's updated, maybe not the chipset, but before reinstalling the windows it was updated.

Thank u for answer :)