[SOLVED] PC shutting down when I play games

Solution
I have a corsair cx550m 550 watt 80+ bronze psu, likely the same one he has, and it will happily power that system. Some psu review sites have tested that ia is more like 80+ gold efficiemt and can deliver over 600 watts before tripping current limitors. There is always a possibility that that psu is faulty. What are your temps looking like in that system? If you do not know you can load your system with the free trial of aida 64 and moniter temps with the free program cpuid hw moniter. High temps and or unstable power delivery can cause crashing in games. Also, check that all overclocked components, if any, are stable. An unstable oc can also cause crashes.
I have a corsair cx550m 550 watt 80+ bronze psu, likely the same one he has, and it will happily power that system. Some psu review sites have tested that ia is more like 80+ gold efficiemt and can deliver over 600 watts before tripping current limitors. There is always a possibility that that psu is faulty. What are your temps looking like in that system? If you do not know you can load your system with the free trial of aida 64 and moniter temps with the free program cpuid hw moniter. High temps and or unstable power delivery can cause crashing in games. Also, check that all overclocked components, if any, are stable. An unstable oc can also cause crashes.

Solution

mgallo848

Commendable
Stress test your CPU with Prime95 ans see if it crashes. Also post back what your temps are.
If it doesn't crash after running for an hour then Stress test the GPU with either Unigine Heaven Benchmark or Furmark. Post back with temps while stress testing.

nobspls

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
What evidence do people have to say the PSU is bad or inadequate?

My failure rate on Ryzen boards for the past year is 50%. 3 out of 6 boards failed. DOA, random crashes, random hangs, etc. Did not matter one lick which brand either. I had to swap out multiple board multiple times, and once you get a good board, it is solid.

BTW this is not the first time I've seen people talk about this kind of random failure on these forums, and more than half the time, they do all the stuff, and eventually swap out the mobo and then the problem finally goes away.