Question PC shutting down when launching games

Dec 9, 2022
Hi guys,

I usually don't resort to forums as I can usually find all the help I need somewhere online, but this is an issue that is puzzling me. Sorry if there's a similar issue solved in another thread.

So, my PC shuts down and restarts when launching games past the initial menu, since I got my new graphics card. Happened with GoW 2018 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla, fine with LoL even on max settings, so it seems to be something related to high end performance.
I've tried to check if it's a PSU issue, but nothing else other than the reboot indicates that.

Build is
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: RTX 3060ti 8GB (Asus Mini Dual LHR if that helps)
RAM: 16GB (2x8) 2800MHz
Motherboard: B450M-A PRO MAX
Storage: 250GB M.2, 1TB HDD
PSU: Nox Urano 650W 80+ Bronze

Drivers are updated, everything was working fine before upgrade.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
PSU: Nox Urano 650W 80+ Bronze

Replace this terrible junk with good quality PSU and your issues most likely go away.

For good quality PSU, look towards Seasonic Focus/PRIME or Corsair RM/RMx/RMi/HX/HXi/AX/AXi series, in 650W range.
(All 3 of my PCs are also powered by Seasonic, full specs with pics in my sig.)

And for 2nd opinion, your junk of a PSU sits in a Tier E,
PSU list: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/

While what i'd suggest, would be anything from Tier A.

Dec 9, 2022
Replace this terrible junk with good quality PSU and your issues most likely go away.

For good quality PSU, look towards Seasonic Focus/PRIME or Corsair RM/RMx/RMi/HX/HXi/AX/AXi series, in 650W range.
(All 3 of my PCs are also powered by Seasonic, full specs with pics in my sig.)

And for 2nd opinion, your junk of a PSU sits in a Tier E,
PSU list: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/

While what i'd suggest, would be anything from Tier A.

Appreciate the answer, was planning on upgrade anyway, so might as well anticipate it.

Reactions: Aeacus