Question PC Shutting Down

May 4, 2019
Hello everyone, recently my pc when on heavy loads started to completely shutdown and reboot.

These are my specs:
ASROCK AB350M
Corsair CX550M (Just bought thinking this was the issue, I had a 6 y/o one that was in pretty bad shape)
EVGA GTX 1060
1x 8GB 2333mhz HyperX
1x4GB 2100mhz HyperX
1x SSD 240gb Kingston

I've run Windows RAM diagnostics tools but no issues were found

When running OCCT, with the old PSU, testing for the PSU the PC immediately shuts down.
With the new PSU, it doesn't matter what I'm testing... GPU, CPU... after 2 min max the PC shutsdown. It could be thermals but everything seems to be running fine.

Is there any way to test if it's my CPU or MOBO? Any other suggestions for tests or what it might be?

note: the case is an NZXT H500 brand new, no dust/dirt.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Firstly I would remove one of your RAM modules and run memtest and verify if the issue continues.

A note regarding mixed RAM modules:
Mixed RAM modules are not guaranteed to work together - the only way even the same models are guaranteed to work together is if they are in the same pack, worst case if they are the same date code. Basically the manufacturing process changes a lot and frequently, so a small change can all of a sudden make modules not work well together. So even if they are the same make/model/timings, it's irrelevant.

Not saying it never works, just it's a 50/50 bet. And is common for mixed modules to not work nicely together.

• What CPU are you running?
  • Does the issue still occur in safe mode?
  • Have you monitored individual core CPU temps and GPU temps under load?
  • Are you running any overclock?
  • Did the issue occur only after the new case install or occur before this too?

May 4, 2019
  • What CPU are you running? AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Does the issue still occur in safe mode?
  • Have you monitored individual core CPU temps and GPU temps under load? Yes, they don't seem to go over 80
  • Are you running any overclock? No overclock
  • Did the issue occur only after the new case install or occur before this too? Before too

May 4, 2019
I just cleaned my RAM slots and the issue seems to have disappeared. How could that be the case? Dirty RAM Slots were causing the PC to crash on heavy loads? I didnt do anything else other then more stress testings

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well let's see what happens, keep an eye on it an post back here when you're certain the issue has disappeared, but I'm glad and hope that it appears to be solved.

You'd be surprised what RAM can cause, it can cause all manner of strange things. Power problems is not uncommon with RAM.