[SOLVED] PC shutting off while gaming ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

awayagain

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018
Heloo everyone
so my pc is having issues now where it just shutdown if i stress test it or run a game for like a 4min only then starts after a brief time by its own
cpu/gpu are not overheating testing them seperetly cpu 66C for 15min
gpu 59C for 30min and idle for both 20C
or ram does'nt make the pc shut down
idle for both 20C
the thing is when pc shutdown it start back on after 1-3 by itself ?

PC specs:

i5-10600KF
ram 32gb 3000mhz v1.35 cl 16 adata
gpu : gigabyte 1080 xtreme edition
motherb : asrock b460m steel legend
aio ; 240mm coolermaster case : nzxt phatnom 630
4tb 7200drives and m.2 128gb adata s5 pro
psu : cooler master mwe 750 gold
windows 11 pro

Solutions i tried but did not work :

reset bios settings
making sure psu cable are all firmly placed
trying every single ram in a different slot
cleaning the whole pc with an air comrpesser
software solution
uninstaling msi after burner
reseting windows
deactivation fastboot
uninstalling Av
updating all drivers

Last edited:

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
ram overclock wouldnt turn off pc, it would freeze system, reboot (without turning off) or bsod
Shutdown is shutdown. Reboot is reboot. There's no 'shutdown and then it starts again by itself', - that's reboot. And PSU wouldn't do that.
I assume this hasn't started right away after buying those components ? What was the last change ? How long it was working without problems after that ? Do you have any other system you can swap components with ? PSU, GPU ? Try reseating CPU.

awayagain

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018
@Juular Ram, CPU, gpu ,hard drive and m. 2 are together since the day of lunch more ten 2 years
the only new component is the mother board I had a z490 gaming edge wifi from MSI which made my computerimpossible for it to boot just wouldn't turn on no matter what I do,
it just start by luck after million of tries then i bought the Asrock b460m steel wich solved my issus but didnt try gaming since i had exams
after 10 days (the asrock is only old in my setup 50 days max ) the issue happened

awayagain

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018
@Juular @--SID--
So i have three HDD seagate 2to and two of each 1to western blue

In crystal disk they are stated as good health

But when i took out both western HDD i'm gaming now for more thé 15min wich Nevers happend before does it mean it's psu starting to give up??

issue in windows events is stated as kernel power 41 (63)

Which is an error you see whenever Windows stops unexpectedly.

@Juular @--SID--
So i have three HDD seagate 2to and two of each 1to western blue

In crystal disk they are stated as good health

But when i took out both western HDD i'm gaming now for more thé 15min wich Nevers happend before does it mean it's psu starting to give up??

Well... depends. Did you have all of your drives on a single cable?

awayagain

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018
@jonnyguru no two with one and two other with another one
but these drive's are with me since 2018 and i dont think its them or faulty installation of cables right ??
since memtest did all pass 4/4 with 0 error i think we can exclude ram issue ?

@jonnyguru no two with one and two other with another one
but these drive's are with me since 2018 and i dont think its them or faulty installation of cables right ??

Of course it can. Cables do "wear out". Enough heat cycles, corrosion occurs, terminals come loose....

Every day there are people here that have problems caused by "bad cables" or using extensions that cause a significant drop in voltage.

Do you have another cable you can try?

awayagain

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018
@jonnyguru
no i will buy some new tomorrow
but they are pretty new 1 year and 3 month old only (whole psu)

when i removed them all and keeping m.2 playing small games like kena bridge or farcry 4 ,it worked for an hour without issue , but trying nioh forza 5 the issue happens after 10min

awayagain

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018
in windows events most common warrning that i get the most is DistributedCOM number 10016
Application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Execution permission for the server application COM and CLSID

Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager