[SOLVED] PC sometimes power cycles after pressing the Power Button

Ferson

Prominent
Jul 31, 2021
So i had fixed one of my other Problems where my PC was freezing with a buzzing sound playing through the Headphones(the issue was the graphics drivers) and now i got another Problem. After around 1 week of succesfully using my PC i went to turn on my PC and it just Power Cycled. Next day i tried again and it worked just fine for hours. So yesterday and today it worked great but when i went to start it up again it Power Cycled again. I am curious to what the Problem is and i would appreciate any help.

Solution
That psu is just very bad quality. Might be that upgrading to something better will solve your problems.

Can maybe give more info about parts this way if you can boot into windows.

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "Summary for Clipboard",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons

Still doesn't seem to old that system so warranty claim is imo the best option. But if they put a similar psu in it might it not really be a solution.

Ferson

Prominent
Jul 31, 2021
Hello and thank you for your reply. Unfortunatley I cannot provide the Model of my PSU or Mobo and RAM due to it being a prebuild(yes i know its just i got it as a gift) and there is no information about it on the Manufacturers Website so these are the Specs i can Provide you with.
CPU: I5 9400F
GPU:Geforce GTX 1660
SSD:wdc pc sn520 sdapnuw-512g-1014
As to the freezing Issue i have fixed it by checking the Minidump files(it would create a Minidump everytime it froze) and it pointed to Graphics Driver Issues so i uninstalled the Drivers i had(Nvidia Game Ready Drivers from the 1st of July) and reinstalled them again. After that it worked flawlessly.

Ferson

Prominent
Jul 31, 2021
So i have just opened my PC and i found out that the PSU is a LiteOn PS 7501-5
As to Mobo i have no clue since its Acer branded same as RAM

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
That psu is just very bad quality. Might be that upgrading to something better will solve your problems.

Can maybe give more info about parts this way if you can boot into windows.

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "Summary for Clipboard",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons

Still doesn't seem to old that system so warranty claim is imo the best option. But if they put a similar psu in it might it not really be a solution.

Solution