Question PC stability issues in games.

Aug 22, 2024
I build a budget gaming PC about 2.5 months ago. my rig:

CPU: R5 5600x PBO OFF
GRAPHICS CARD: RTX 4060
M.2 SSD: WD Blue SN580

MOBO: Gigabyte A520M K V2 (I know not the best mobo but for the hard budget i was on i thought it would be good)
PSU: Be Quiet! System Power 10 550W Bronze rated.

What ive done:
CPU stress test: Cinebench (no overheating)
GPU stress test: 3D mark, Furmark. (no overheating)
OCC power test: 10 minutes: no errors no overheating no crash.
Updated / downgraded drivers to see if any problems went way.
and lots and lots more.

since i build the pc ive had problems with stutters. i figured the stutters were a problem with the games i played: Elder scrolls online, Sekiro, Elden ring. Eso is notorius for stuttering so i cant test in that game. Sekiro had some "loading stutters" other people have them too when transitioning into a new area. Elden ring was really really bad until i fixed something bugged with the game. but now its getting worse the stutters. in elden ring i drop like 10 fps randomly. in tekken 8 there is something called fight lounge with a lot of people there and every time it loads a set of people it stutters like crazy. in the witcher 3 i keep having stutters when fighting enemies (happened in elden ring too for the first time today) i dont know if im going crazy or if there is actually something wrong. i would love some help. a note about the PSU: it does have a high pitch noise coming from it even when the PC is off. but testing power with OCCT resulted in no errors crashes or volt rails being low or anything. in HWINFO i do have a problem with power reporting deviation which dropped all the way to 80%

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm...

Stutters can be caused by RAM issue.
So, what RAM you have and what's their frequency? Since Ryzen loves high frequency RAM.

Wouldn't hurt to test the RAM with memtest86. 4 full passes (all 15 tests, 4 times over) is acceptable.

Another issue could be high PSU ripple. And that, your low quality PSU, is confirmed to have,
review: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/be-quiet-system-power-10-750w/12.html

Ripple represent the AC fluctuations (periodic) and noise (random) found in the PSU's DC rails. This phenomenon significantly decreases the capacitors' lifespan because it causes them to run hotter. A 10-degree Celsius increase can cut into a cap's useful life by 50%. Ripple also plays an important role in overall system stability, especially when overclocking is involved.

So, i'd get new PSU regardless.
Good PSUs to go for, are: Seasonic Focus/Vertex/PRIME, Corsair RMx/RMi/HXi/AXi, Super Flower Leadex Gold/Platinum/Titanium.

(All 3x of my PCs are also powered by Seasonic. I have 2x PRIME TX-650 units and 1x Focus PX-550 unit. Full specs with pics in my sig.)