PC starts, but won't post

Nov 8, 2018
Hello everyone,

First time builder here and today i've put together my build. The pc will start, however that's about it. All fans and lights work and after a while the pc will shut down and start again automatically.

I've been reading up on how I can search the cause and there's a handy guide on tomshardware, however before I begin doing things like 'breadboarding', I'd like to know what this is cable is:
https://imgur.com/a/ytT5tQy
I don't know what it is for, so I didnt plug it in, because I don't have any idea where it should go. It's part of the case (phanteks enthoo pro m tempered glass) and the cables aren't described in the case manual. All I know is that it leads to the powerbutton, yet isn't the powerswitch, because the powerswitch works just fine.

The case has 5 cables in total, outside of the unknown cable: 1x usb3, 1x audio for headphone and microphone, 1x hddLED and a powerswitch.

This build has been going for more than 12 hours now, I'm really tired and honestly just want to be done :l.

components:
- Ryzen 5 2600
- Gigabyte rtx 2070
- Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4
- Hyper 212 LED
- Corsair rm650x
- 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance lpx 3000mhz, 1.35v.
- Phanteks Enthoo pro m tempered glass.
- samsung 860evo 1tb

Phanteks sells LED strips you can add to your case; you would connect them to that. It's not necessary for the PC to function. I have the same case.

You are sure you have the GPU connected properly with power cables? Everything else including CPU power cables? Try different RAM slots? Only 1 RAM module?

Nov 8, 2018

I just tried all ram slots except the first one (blocked by cpu cooler) and also tried them all with just one ram stick, however the same issue persists. :( Also checked the power cables, they're connected properly.