[SOLVED] Pc starts quickly becaz of ssd unable to boot in bios

Nov 1, 2018
I have desktop, with gigabyte MB, OS is installed in ssd so pc starts too quickly so I am unable to boot in bios as I want to change boot priority to pendrive in bios settings to install OS, I have windows 8.1 pro please help.

Solution
There are several ways to enter Setup Utility (F1) or the Boot Menu (F12) on a Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 PC as explained below:

1. Press and hold the Shift key while selecting the Shutdown option in Windows 8. This will make the PC perform a full shutdown instead of a hybrid shutdown. Then press the bios keys to get into BIOS on startup
2. Select Restart instead of Shutdown. Then the buttons to access bios can be pressed successfully during startup.
3. Disable the fast startup option in Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options -> Choose what the power buttons do.

To enter Setup Utility:
1. Open the Charms Bar by pressing Windows Key-C or by swiping in from the right edge of your screen
2. Click on Settings
3. Click on...

Colif

Win 11 Master
There are several ways to enter Setup Utility (F1) or the Boot Menu (F12) on a Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 PC as explained below:

1. Press and hold the Shift key while selecting the Shutdown option in Windows 8. This will make the PC perform a full shutdown instead of a hybrid shutdown. Then press the bios keys to get into BIOS on startup
2. Select Restart instead of Shutdown. Then the buttons to access bios can be pressed successfully during startup.
3. Disable the fast startup option in Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options -> Choose what the power buttons do.

To enter Setup Utility:
1. Open the Charms Bar by pressing Windows Key-C or by swiping in from the right edge of your screen
2. Click on Settings
3. Click on Change PC Settings
4. Click on General
5. Scroll to the bottom and click on Advanced Startup, then Restart Now
6. Click on Troubleshoot
7. Click on Advanced Options
8. Click on UEFI Firmware Settings
9. Click on Restart

To access the Boot Menu:
2. Click on Settings
3. Click on Change PC Settings
4. Click on General
5. Scroll to the bottom and click on Advanced Startup, then Restart Now
6. Click on Use A Device
7. Click on Boot Menu

http://blog.lenovo.com/en/blog/how-to-enter-the-bios-setup-utility-or-boot-menu-with-windows-8-1

buttons to enter bios may vary but rest should work

Solution