[SOLVED] PC still broken after basically replacing the whole machine

luuk.bergsma

Commendable
Jun 30, 2018
Hello,

About 2 months ago my pc wouldn't turn on, no post bios, screen or anything. The fans were running, but besides that no sign of life. eventually i tried everything i could, so i decided to replace the motherboard, but once again no screen or anything. Then i decided to replace the cpu, but still no screen. Finally i switched out the psu, but still nothing.

So basically i now own a new pc that still won't turn on.

I really don't know what to do anymore..
Specs:
Motherboards: Asus h97m plus (original) and Asus maximus vi gene
Cpus : 2x I7 4790
Videocard: msi gtx 1070 gaming x
PSUs: 600w cooler master (first one) Corsair 550w psu (second one)

Solution
Hello,

About 2 months ago my pc wouldn't turn on, no post bios, screen or anything. The fans were running, but besides that no sign of life. eventually i tried everything i could, so i decided to replace the motherboard, but once again no screen or anything. Then i decided to replace the cpu, but still no screen. Finally i switched out the psu, but still nothing.

Specs:
A bad power supply can do what youre describing, but since youve replaced it, i...

artk2219

Distinguished
Hello,

Specs:
A bad power supply can do what youre describing, but since youve replaced it, i wouldnt bet on two bad ones. Also it wouldnt be my first guess, i would also pop out your graphics card as suggested by by rgd1101, and go down to one ram stick as suggested by egda23, then also disconnect everything else so no disks, no dvd drive, only the motherboard with cpu, and ram to see if you get any signs of life. If your motherboard doesnt have any video outputs get a cheap test video card and sub it in place of your 1070. See if you get anything then, if not try the other memory stick if you have more than one, and reseat the cpu after that. Alternatively you could take that spare mobo, psu, cpu, and grab a stick of ram to see if your other components work outside a case. You can short the power button pins with a screw driver to tell it to turn on and seeing if you get any signs of life from that other setup. Let us know what you find

Last edited:
Solution