Question Pc stopped turning on after sleep.

Sep 3, 2019
I have just recently transferred my pc into a new pc case and installed a few upgrades - a new GPU and PSU (Corsair TX-M Series 650w 80Plus Gold) combo. It's been working great, with my new RTX 2070 Super, games have looked and ran the best I've personally seen.

But I found a problem a few hours ago and it's completely halted my pc... After a gaming session I placed my PC into sleep mode, not thinking anything of it and went off to do other things. Upon returning to my PC I have attempted to power back on the pc by just tapping my mouse, as normal my pc came back to life, my fans, lights and my PC's little beep all turned on - with no picture. I left this for a while, confused why I can't get back onto my desktop.

Anyway, I reset my PC and to my surprise my PC began attempting repairs, first running into problems with the start up and later with windows it's self.

I have attempted to reset windows with no progress, only to have the screen go blank - showing no life and then returning to the start up repair screen.

I hope some of you more experienced fellow PC wizards out there could help, everything has been running great before and after the upgrades, it's just this sleep issue. I've leaned towards something with my sleep power management - whereby somehow after I put the PC to sleep the PSU has them been unable to provide full power. - hoping there's an easy fix, thanks!

Last edited: