[SOLVED] PC stopped working after changing PSU ?

sledx1

Commendable
Dec 8, 2018
So I had an issue where my graphics cards wouldn’t turn on a few weeks ago. They would turn on and off then all of a sudden completely stop working. I tried a different gpu and it didn’t even post. So I replaced the PSU, and it worked! Then a week later I was looking at google earth and it shut off again and the gpus didn’t turn on, and still don’t till this day. Can anyone help me? I replaced it with the same exact PSU model. I didn’t change out the old PSU wires.

specs:
2 1080 fe
Mobo: z390 gaming pro carbon
Cpu: i7 9700k
PSU: evga 750 watt psu
Ram: 32gb 3200mhz Gskill

Solution
PSU(s) being:

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Superno...ocphy=9007743&hvtargid=pla-521059922336&psc=1

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

More information needed: what are you doing when the pc stops working? Any beeps, LEDs flashing, pop up error windows?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that may have been captured when PSU(s) stopped working.

Reliability History uses a timeline format. Hopefully you will...

sledx1

Commendable
Dec 8, 2018
Hello, my pc hasn’t been working and I think I’ve figured out that it was the PSU. So we replaced it with the exact same model, kept the old wires, and just like that it worked again. It was working for around a week or two then the pc stopped working again. I’m thinking about getting a new one again. Is it safe to get another p2 but this time 1000 watts?

My current PSU: evga 750w p2

Ralston18

Titan
PSU(s) being:

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Superno...ocphy=9007743&hvtargid=pla-521059922336&psc=1

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

More information needed: what are you doing when the pc stops working? Any beeps, LEDs flashing, pop up error windows?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that may have been captured when PSU(s) stopped working.

Reliability History uses a timeline format. Hopefully you will find some error patterns related to the original PSU followed by a week or two of no errors with the new PSU, then start again per your post.

This:

"Kept the old wires,..."

What did you do with the new wires that came with the second PSU?

If the original PSU was replaced because of intermittent "hasn't been working" problems" then consider that the issue may have been a problem with one of the cables.

I would not risk the system and/or another PSU without some additional investigation or testing.

Will the system boot into safe mode without any problems?

Solution