Question PC Stuck in and on and off loop when I use a DIMM slot,is it fully dead?

Jun 26, 2023
Specs:

MOBO: ASUS H81M-K
CPU: Intel i5-4460
RAM: SILICON POWER SP004GBLTU160N02 (4GB DDR3) x2 >>>>> Curently only using one stick because of the problem
GPU: AMD Radeon RX470
PSU: Gigabyte GP-P550B (80 Plus Bronze 500W)

My MOBO has 2 Slots for ram,let's call them slot A and slot B (With slot A being the one closer to the fan.)
Whenever I insert either ram stick into Slot A and boot up my PC,it turns on, stays on for about a second and then turns off,rinse repeat.

Everything was working normally, PC just turned off and then it startyed looping like that until I took out the stick from slot A.

Can I do something about this or should I not even bother and consider the ram slot dead forever?

Specs:

MOBO: ASUS H81M-K
CPU: Intel i5-4460
RAM: SILICON POWER SP004GBLTU160N02 (4GB DDR3) x2 >>>>> Curently only using one stick because of the problem
GPU: AMD Radeon RX470
PSU: Gigabyte GP-P550B (80 Plus Bronze 500W)

My MOBO has 2 Slots for ram,let's call them slot A and slot B (With slot A being the one closer to the fan.)
Whenever I insert either ram stick into Slot A and boot up my PC,it turns on, stays on for about a second and then turns off,rinse repeat.

Everything was working normally, PC just turned off and then it startyed looping like that until I took out the stick from slot A.

Can I do something about this or should I not even bother and consider the ram slot dead forever?

check both sticks in slot A if it loops with both sticks its most likely a faulty slot.

or could be the cpu isnt mounted correctly.

also overtightening a cpu cooler can cause this issue as well as you can bend the board. damaging traces.

i would try reseating the cpu which means cleaning of old paste of cooler and cpu and reapplying new paste. then tightening the cpu again till it starts showing resistance

you want to tighten it in a X pattern a bit being careful not to over tighten. then test ram slots

( i had this with a friends cpu and motherboard sometime its reversable).

TRENDING THREADS