[SOLVED] PC stuck in infinite boot loop, can't even get to troubleshooting screen with USB key

Tayfow805

Prominent
Oct 13, 2019
This is a friend's PC that I built for him 8 months ago, he uses it pretty much exclusively to play iRacing, and has had no issues with it until yesterday. He randomly encountered a BSoD in the middle of a race, and now the PC is stuck in an infinite boot loop. It can go into the BIOS screen no problem, so I made sure the boot order was correct just for the sake of it. after no success of getting to the troubleshooting/repair screen, I tried using a bootable USB windows key, which worked for about two seconds before it crashed as I tried getting into the repair screen, and continued to boot loop. Then I removed all of the drives he had in the system, and only had the USB key inserted, but still nothing. I even tried a second boot USB key, same result. I tried a force shut down three times in a row to try to get it to the repair/troubleshoot screen, still nothing. I'm honestly at a loss for what to do next to even get it to the repair screen.
Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus TUF B550 motherboard
4x8GB DDR4 RAM
MSI Ventus 2060 Super 8GB
Thermaltake 750W Gold PSU
Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD
2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD
Windows 10 Pro

Solution
This is a friend's PC that I built for him 8 months ago, he uses it pretty much exclusively to play iRacing, and has had no issues with it until yesterday. He randomly encountered a BSoD in the middle of a race, and now the PC is stuck in an infinite boot loop. It can go into the BIOS screen no problem, so I made sure the boot order was correct just for the sake of it. after no success of getting to the troubleshooting/repair screen, I tried using a bootable USB windows key, which worked for about two seconds before it crashed as I tried getting into the repair screen, and continued to boot loop. Then I removed all of the drives he had in the system, and only had the USB key inserted, but still nothing. I even tried a second boot...

Tayfow805

Prominent
Oct 13, 2019
wish Asus motherboards had boot override
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/Manual/PRIME_TUF_GAMING_B550_Series_BIOS_EM_WEB_EN.pdf
is fast boot enabled on the boot screen in bios?
try setting secure boot to Other OS, as it might be blocking the USB

how did you make the installer?
Fast Boot is not enabled. I have an OEM Windows 10 USB boot key, as well as a Windows 10 installation USB on a 32GB flash drive that is formatted in FAT32. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I used this to make the bootable USB.

This is a friend's PC that I built for him 8 months ago, he uses it pretty much exclusively to play iRacing, and has had no issues with it until yesterday. He randomly encountered a BSoD in the middle of a race, and now the PC is stuck in an infinite boot loop. It can go into the BIOS screen no problem, so I made sure the boot order was correct just for the sake of it. after no success of getting to the troubleshooting/repair screen, I tried using a bootable USB windows key, which worked for about two seconds before it crashed as I tried getting into the repair screen, and continued to boot loop. Then I removed all of the drives he had in the system, and only had the USB key inserted, but still nothing. I even tried a second boot USB key, same result. I tried a force shut down three times in a row to try to get it to the repair/troubleshoot screen, still nothing. I'm honestly at a loss for what to do next to even get it to the repair screen.
Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus TUF B550 motherboard
4x8GB DDR4 RAM
MSI Ventus 2060 Super 8GB
Thermaltake 750W Gold PSU
Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD
2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD
Windows 10 Pro
If xmp is enabled turn it off.
Use just one stick of ram in the proper slot.....see the manual.
If no help try a different stick of ram.
If a different gpu is available try that.

Solution

Tayfow805

Prominent
Oct 13, 2019
If xmp is enabled turn it off.
Use just one stick of ram in the proper slot.....see the manual.
If no help try a different stick of ram.
If a different gpu is available try that.
The BIOS is already on optimized defaults, so XMP wasn't on(that was one of the first things I've tried), I've already tried different RAM configurations, and I don't have another a spare GPU to test with. And since it's a Ryzen processor, there's no onboard graphics i can use either.