[SOLVED] PC sudden shut offs/freezes

Oct 12, 2021
I bought a ASUS ZenBook Flip S less than a month ago and starts sudden shut offs from 1 minutes of usage to an hour. Sometimes it was accompanied with a complete freeze with the screen on before that. The shut down is very sudden, the screen just goes black and nothing works. My laptop is not overclocked and I did not add anything else on it. It also seems that it only happens when I am not playing videos(such as youtube or lectures). I have never tried to play only music on this laptop so I do not know if its related to audio or the video. What I have tried so far is disabling everything from the battery settings that can hibernate or put the pc to sleep. I have also tried to look at the event viewer but there is no error or warning messages that matches the time the laptop shuts down. I have also tried to do driver updates(both automatic updates and manual ones), windows update after the issue occurred. BIOS update, full disc scan and defrag. Nothing seemed to have an effect on the sudden shut downs.

Last edited:
Solution
The problem is that I left my warranty back in my home and i won't be able to get it till I get back home in December. Also I do not think it is a hardware problem if everything works fine when I am using the audio device

Did you checked if your laptop is overheating?
You can use HWINFO software to see CPU temperatures.

Install this, & attach screenshot in further reply,

If CPU temperatures are going above 85-90C then its probably an overheating issue & cause of sudden freeze-crashing.
Oct 12, 2021
  • As your device is under warranty, you should get help from their Customer Care as it might not be software issue.
  • As your device is under warranty, you should get help from their Customer Care as it might not be software issue.
The problem is that I left my warranty back in my home and i won't be able to get it till I get back home in December. Also I do not think it is a hardware problem if everything works fine when I am using the audio device

ssbaraskar99

Prominent
Oct 29, 2020

Did you checked if your laptop is overheating?
You can use HWINFO software to see CPU temperatures.

Install this, & attach screenshot in further reply,

If CPU temperatures are going above 85-90C then its probably an overheating issue & cause of sudden freeze-crashing.

Solution